• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am very disappointed with Fred's attitude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very disappointed with Fred's attitude

I have a 34 night cruise booked on Balmoral for September/October. Fred's policy is to request periodic interim payments in addition to the deposit paid, in order to minimise late cancellations., which I understand to be reasonable.

I am due to pay another £1.000 very soon and thought I would ask if in the light of present circumstances, they were considering a degree of flexibility with regard to this payment.

Apparently, lots of people have asked the same question and the directive is NO, we have to pay up by 2nd April or lose the deposit and first interim payment, which is a considerable sum.

I would have thought Fred could have delayed the next payment for maybe a month, until we know how the spread of this virus will affect the cruise, if at all.

Jill

Sorry to hear this, its very poor on their part, they should be giving excellent customer service now and value their clients

I suspect that the industry will look very different once this virus has run its course.

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
      Sorry to hear this, its very poor on their part, they should be giving excellent customer service now and value their clients

I suspect that the industry will look very different once this virus has run its course.
      I’m sure it will look different and I’m sure those of us considered a bit twitish for paying over the odds for a cruise line package including flights, might be joined by a few more who realise the safety aspect of the cruise line being in charge of our travel arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I’m sure it will look different and I’m sure those of us considered a bit twitish for paying over the odds for a cruise line package including flights, might be joined by a few more who realise the safety aspect of the cruise line being in charge of our travel arrangements.
        You are right, always deal with the organ grinder and not have the monkey involved, particularly in these uncertain times.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
          I have a 34 night cruise booked on Balmoral for September/October. Fred's policy is to request periodic interim payments in addition to the deposit paid, in order to minimise late cancellations., which I understand to be reasonable.

I am due to pay another £1.000 very soon and thought I would ask if in the light of present circumstances, they were considering a degree of flexibility with regard to this payment.

Apparently, lots of people have asked the same question and the directive is NO, we have to pay up by 2nd April or lose the deposit and first interim payment, which is a considerable sum.

I would have thought Fred could have delayed the next payment for maybe a month, until we know how the spread of this virus will affect the cruise, if at all.
          Can you cancel your cruise and receive a Future Cruise Credit. It might be possible to use it for the very same cruise later or against another one next year or so.

P&O and others are allowing cancellations and giving Future Cruise Credits for all monies already paid.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
            Can you cancel your cruise and receive a Future Cruise Credit. It might be possible to use it for the very same cruise later or against another one next year or so.

P&O and others are allowing cancellations and giving Future Cruise Credits for all monies already paid.
            I will have to consult with my friend about that. She is the one with the health issues. However, I can't see the same itinerary for next year.
            Last edited by Smith7; 12th March 2020, 11:19 AM.
            Jill

Comment

If they cancel they will give you a full refund, including any money you have already paid.

It's a bit early for them to be offering FCC, and if it's still bad by then they will, so pay your money, and don't worry. It will be sorted long before then ..............................................Caro l

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                If they cancel they will give you a full refund, including any money you have already paid.

It's a bit early for them to be offering FCC, and if it's still bad by then they will, so pay your money, and don't worry. It will be sorted long before then ..............................................Caro l
                I love your positive attitude Carol - I am with you on this.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Thanks carol. Actually, I don't think we have much choice.
                  Jill

Comment

That’s why I have been impressed with P&O, prior to 90 days before cruise, you can cancel and have your deposit as FCC on cruises prior to 1st Sept.

After balance is paid you are offered partial refund and balance as FCC, % of each depending on when you cancel, if you leave it until 48 hours prior to cruise you get full amount as FCC on select fare, full FCC whenever you cancel on saver fare up to 48 hours.
                    if you don’t cancel extra OBC, amount depending on length of cruise.
                    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 12th March 2020, 12:21 PM.
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                      That’s why I have been impressed with P&O, prior to 90 days before cruise, you can cancel and have your deposit as FCC on cruises prior to 1st Sept.

After balance is paid you are offered partial refund and balance as FCC, % of each depending on when you cancel, if you leave it until 48 hours prior to cruise you get full amount as FCC on select fare, full FCC whenever you cancel on saver fare up to 48 hours.
                      if you don’t cancel extra OBC, amount depending on length of cruise.
                      I agree P&O have been .ore than generous. I hope they are rewarded with plenty of booking a when this is all over. I am taking a keen interest in who are offering what and a few companies have gone down in my estimation.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X