• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another cruise bites the dust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's our Sept Anthem cruise gone as after contacting RCI we were told that even if it did go ahead if we wanted to go ashore it would have to be on one their shorex.

Not for us as we like to go independent.

At least we can now move onto booking something else probably here in the UK.

Garf

Comment

Hi Garf
      Celebrity have just cancelled the Infinity and Reflection cruises until 31st July in Europe,,,,,
      Do you think Celebrity will sail the Reflection over for our Baltic cruise on the 11th August.
      Why don’t they just cancel this summers sailings from the EU countries and be done with it.

JC
      Last edited by jc, liverpool; 4th June 2021, 06:28 PM.
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi jc
        I can't see them letting you off the ship in most of the countries that you'll visit unless on a shorex they run.
        Being driven around in a coach stopping at their favourite outlets doesn't do it for us.
        Maybe we'll do a round Britain but very doubtful.

Garf.

Comment

A lot of cruises are going to see adjustments.

even the UK ones are going to struggle to dock in some ports as there has been a failure in containment.

Comment

After all the starts and stops, restrictions and unknowns going on, I’m seriously wondering if it’s even a good idea to consider booking a cruise for next summer?

Will the situation be any better in the countries that ex UK ships visit....and will cruise ships be allowed to dock there and passengers able to go ashore unaccompanied?

And besides that, the prices already seem quite steep!

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Just asking does the IoM not make their own rules??

Info from JC did not hint at a review prior to Jill's travel date.

Annie
              Yes IOM do have their own rules. You can't go there without testing and isolating until you get a result (48 hours), which on a 5 coach trip of course is not viable. The present rules are in force until 28th June I think.
              Jill

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                After all the starts and stops, restrictions and unknowns going on, I’m seriously wondering if it’s even a good idea to consider booking a cruise for next summer?

Will the situation be any better in the countries that ex UK ships visit....and will cruise ships be allowed to dock there and passengers able to go ashore unaccompanied?

And besides that, the prices already seem quite steep!
                A lot will depend on getting the current situation back under control and getting through the winter,

I suspect the US may be open for business that will put TA's and the Caribbean on the table maybe even as soon as the end of this year if UK does not lose control.

Got TA's on our possible list and not ruling out any of the domestics if they sort out the prices.

The Med and Canaries might be sorted along with northern Europe for next spring/summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                  Well that's our Sept Anthem cruise gone as after contacting RCI we were told that even if it did go ahead if we wanted to go ashore it would have to be on one their shorex.

Not for us as we like to go independent.

At least we can now move onto booking something else probably here in the UK.

Garf
                  I went on one of the Virtuosa excursions, and wished that I had stayed on board. It was a tour of the Jurassic Coast and we only had short stops in Charmouth and Lyme Regis. When you are in a group bubble, you have to go at the rate of the slowest. This isn't a complaint, just an observation - some are slower than others.

I would normally book private excursions, or somewhere like Lisbon, wander around on my own.

I have booked Celebrity Silhouette for July, and will stay on board if the conditions remain the same. I certainly don't want to do a tour of Liverpool, as I've probably done them before. I'll see what is on offer for Inverness. I am back in Aqua class, so will spend time in Persian Garden.
                  2018-
                  Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                  NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                  Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                  Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you