• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MR & Mrs T on QE The last day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone have different experience on different cruise ships and at different time of the year.....though some reviews will help in making some difficult decisions.

Comment

An interesting blog, thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        Judging by the reception the Cunard blogs have had, I'm expecting to see quite a few forum members booking Cunard cruises. Maybe.

I shall def. look out on the Victoria cruises I have booked and don't forget folks

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_...m_members.html

QM2 awaits us.

Sadly we are already booked on a cruise that covers the dates of the Forum Cruise.
        ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
          I have never met stuffy folks on Cunard. Nice people, yes! Ordinary people, yes, People who enjoy a certain quality in life, yes. lets hope it stays that way. : DO NOT BRING KETTLES into Cunard cabins.
          The Reality is that plenty of people do just that we were told by 3 other couples the had brought kettles on board one had those old fashioned heating elements that you stick in the mug? we often saw people pocketing Tea bags which they ether took home or used in there cabin.
          If Cunard offered a Kettle as an Option they would at least have control over them ,they have no control now..Taffy
          ​Taffy

Comment

I hope yesterday's weather didn't cause you too many problems getting home Taffy, the whole south and west of the country looked obliterated by rain, according to the weather reports on the telly. I saw that the QE managed to sail from Southampton last night, they had a BBC reporter nearby relating how badly all the local shipping was affected.

Thanks for all your blogs and the lovely photos on your other thread, gives us a real taste of Xmas on board ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire Thorn, Fareham View Post
              As another Cunard first-timer and Celebrity fan I am in full agreement with you that I would be happy to cruise with them again. It's been interesting reading your blog Taffy and I reckon that we had the best of the weather going South instead of North like you. Enjoy the last few hours............HT
              Like you HT we looked on it as an opportunity to try something new and we had friends who had already booked it ,the cruise we picked fitted in with medical and other appointments we had ?
              I suppose that we got the weather we expected sadly no snow some winter sun mainly cold ,but boy when the wind blew and the rain came down the ship looked a good option.We on reflection should have booked tours .
              We had an out break of Norovirus announced over the tannoy just after i posted this thread ,but if may have more to do with 2 rough Days at sea and the Chocolate buffet in the Lido who knows.
              Pleased to say we would book QE or Eclipse and enjoy them both..Taffy
              Last edited by Taffy, Wales; 24th December 2013, 11:50 AM.
              ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                The Reality is that plenty of people do just that we were told by 3 other couples the had brought kettles on board one had those old fashioned heating elements that you stick in the mug? we often saw people pocketing Tea bags which they ether took home or used in there cabin.
                If Cunard offered a Kettle as an Option they would at least have control over them ,they have no control now..Taffy
                Yes, I too know of folk [fellow diners at our table for instance] who pocket tea bag from the Lido, but that's because some of the way out stuff is often exhausted by the time the end of our meal comes and rather than staff hiking off to find some, the bags are produced with a flourish after puds.

They're not taken for cabin drinks or, heaven forbid, taken home.

It became a game with one particular blend...Rooibos... to see who could find supplies and where.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                  Yes, I too know of folk [fellow diners at our table for instance] who pocket tea bag from the Lido, but that's because some of the way out stuff is often exhausted by the time the end of our meal comes and rather than staff hiking off to find some, the bags are produced with a flourish after puds.

They're not taken for cabin drinks or, heaven forbid, taken home.

It became a game with one particular blend...Rooibos... to see who could find supplies and where.
                  That there excuse Mrs M the last thing we saw was a shortage of tea bags each drink station had them by the dozen English Break fast ,Earl Grey plenty of other different blends ,people were taking cups of milk also ?..Taffy
                  ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                    That there excuse Mrs M the last thing we saw was a shortage of tea bags each drink station had them by the dozen English Break fast ,Earl Grey plenty of other different blends ,people were taking cups of milk also ?..Taffy
                    No Taffy. Not an excuse. Reality.

Breakfast tea, Earl Grey etc no problem. Rooibos seemed to be in short supply or 'in hiding' as were one or two other 'exotic' blends.

Comment

Breakfast tea, Earl Grey etc no problem. Rooibos seemed to be in short supply or 'in hiding' as were one or two other 'exotic' blends

Consider yourself lucky, Mrs M - I recall that on HAL's Ryndam it was the English Breakfast tea which was in short supply!!! I confess that in that one case, we did take some from the buffet while it lasted, so we'd have it for room service cuppas

Cheers,
                      Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Derby, Derby View Post
                        Breakfast tea, Earl Grey etc no problem. Rooibos seemed to be in short supply or 'in hiding' as were one or two other 'exotic' blends

Consider yourself lucky, Mrs M - I recall that on HAL's Ryndam it was the English Breakfast tea which was in short supply!!! I confess that in that one case, we did take some from the buffet while it lasted, so we'd have it for room service cuppas

Cheers,
                        Lynn
                        Nothing to do with me. Apart from a pot of Earl Grey in the afternoon, my drink of choice is coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                          I hope yesterday's weather didn't cause you too many problems getting home Taffy, the whole south and west of the country looked obliterated by rain, according to the weather reports on the telly. I saw that the QE managed to sail from Southampton last night, they had a BBC reporter nearby relating how badly all the local shipping was affected.

Thanks for all your blogs and the lovely photos on your other thread, gives us a real taste of Xmas on board ship.
                          Hi All at Sea .
                          We used the coach company Intercruise so although it was dreadful driving conditions the driver put his foot down but we had bad weather most of the way ,I would not have liked to drive in that wind And Rain.
                          Looking on QE web cam they are in rough sea at the moment hope it gets no worse as our friends are still on there..Taffy
                          ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X