• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MR & Mrs T on QE The last day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MR & Mrs T on QE The last day

Sadly the last day .another very rough night got woken up a couple of times due to ship rolling about ,the shows were swapped about as it was to dangerous for the dancers.
    They ship has now been decorated ready for Christmas quite a bit was already done when we boarded and the Gingerbread Village including chair lift was finished off yesterday, overall the ship looks lovely and ready for Christmas lots off trees around .We had a Carol singing in the main lobby and Christmas music is piped into the bars and lounges as background music but it is not intrusive?
    We have met a couple of forum members and their partners and it is nice to put faces to the names surprisingly a meeting over a coffee can turn into a hour or more chat over more coffee.
    Last night was the last formal night and the usual parade of the Chefs a nd waiters Baked Alaska ,plenty of clapping and napkin waving (Yep the do it on Cunard)and I must say it was well deserved food and service very good.
    The main question would we and our companions cruise with Cunard again YES YES YES QE is a beautiful ship and we found that within hours of boarding we liked it and felt at home. We most defiantly not go north again in winter just that bit to cold for us ,but would do this itinerary again but in Summer.
    So thanks again to James ,Cruise.co.uk and Cunard for this opportunity to try something new .We all 4 of us had preconceived idea regarding Cunard and I am happy to say we were wrong, Cunard has its own style and it delivers the goods in a nice calm fashion and we enjoyed it…Taffy
    ​Taffy

Sounds like you have now caught the Cunard bug for cruising and I am sure it will not be too long before your next Cunard cruise, did you get a brochure from the Voyage Office.? As I am sure others have told you QE is almost identical to QV but the decoration on QV is slightly darker. Having enjoyed QE you would certainly enjoy QV, QM2 is a much larger and has a grand feel, it's a liner not a cruise ship so best equipped for crossing to New York which we hope to try one day.

Appears that Gingerbread houses are a Cunard traditional although no chair lift on QV, also no Baked Alaska at the Parade but a lot of napkin waving, clapping and cheering which was so richly deserved.

I hope you have a safe journey home and soon find your "land legs" mine still think I am at sea and sway when I stand still. Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
    Oriana
    Oceana
    Ventura
    Queen Mary 2
    Queen Victoria
    Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Lovely to hear Taffy that you loved Cunard and that you had a good experience with them. Hope you left the ready for my arrival soon
      Thank you for your reviews. Back to reality now. Have a happy Christmas. Maggie.

Comment

Thank you for a wonderful blog and, along with the other Cunard bloggers, you have completely sold us on Cunard. We haven't booked our next cruise yet so will definitely be looking at Cunard now.
        Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

Originally posted by drewlin, wigan View Post
          Thank you for a wonderful blog and, along with the other Cunard bloggers, you have completely sold us on Cunard. We haven't booked our next cruise yet so will definitely be looking at Cunard now.
          So you should, you will not be disappointed. Don't forget. We are Cunard!

Comment

I am pleased that you and Mrs Taffy have enjoyed the QE experience, inspite of some inclement weather. You're right about soon feeling at home on her, that's the impression we got on first boarding her. Ours was a northern cruise to the Fjords but in summertime when the days were long and bright...though not necessarily too warm! It rather bugs me that she is off to the Med again next summer...as we don't do fly cruises!

Many thanks Taffy for all your blogs from the cold North, think you were very stalwart to try this cruise in winter. Safe journey back and best wishes to you both.

Comment

I'll really miss your blogs now, Taffy - so glad (but not surprised) that you enjoyed QE

Cheers,
              Lynn

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you on a Cunard too one day
                Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Judging by the reception the Cunard blogs have had, I'm expecting to see quite a few forum members booking Cunard cruises. Maybe.

I shall def. look out on the Victoria cruises I have booked and don't forget folks

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_...m_members.html

QM2 awaits us.

Comment

As another Cunard first-timer and Celebrity fan I am in full agreement with you that I would be happy to cruise with them again. It's been interesting reading your blog Taffy and I reckon that we had the best of the weather going South instead of North like you. Enjoy the last few hours............HT

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                      We all 4 of us had preconceived idea regarding Cunard and I am happy to say we were wrong...
                      Yes the Idea that Cunard ships are 'stuffy' and full of 'posh' people makes this working-class lad, a Cunard fan, laugh out loud.

A nice blog!
                      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                        Yes the Idea that Cunard ships are 'stuffy' and full of 'posh' people makes this working-class lad, a Cunard fan, laugh out loud.

A nice blog!
                        I have never met stuffy folks on Cunard. Nice people, yes! Ordinary people, yes, People who enjoy a certain quality in life, yes. lets hope it stays that way. : DO NOT BRING KETTLES into Cunard cabins.

Comment

Thanks for the alternative perspective on Cunard.

Definitely on my list now. In fact I'd be on one of the January ones if I hadn't had to do some training in January for a new job.

Comment

Thank you all, so many good 'blogs' and photos, appreciated!

Now sit back and enjoy Christmas, and A Very Happy New Year!
                            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Just catching up with all the other 'bloggers' sorry to read that your weather was not as kind as you hoped for Taffy, but you seemed to enjoy what Cunard has to offer and become another fan.

Safe journey home.
                              sigpic
                              Wen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X