• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr & Mra T on QE day 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr & Mra T on QE day 5

Another first today we bought our pictures from last night not a bad picture as we are both not to photo genic looks like the camera can lie?
    We went to a lecture on Serial Killers by a lady Diane Simpson ,she was on the same coach as us coming to the ship,not a subject I would normally be interested in but what an amusing lecturer she is very funny ,considering the subject, she worked as a profiler for the police and was involved with the Yorkshire Ripper case .Do try and see her if she is on any ship your on.
    Another surprise Cunard had put on shuttle buses into the town centre ,we were lead to believe there was no shuttle, the shuttle drops you in the square near the English Hotel which has £200k worth of lights and decorations on the front of it.the main shopping area is to the left of the hotel ,most designer labels are along that street including some nice stores.
    If you walk far enough you come to the Tivoli Gardens which are lit up even in the late afternoon, they had a street choir and the Salvation Army band playing ,a Christmas Market and one store had the windows with the moving tableaus all for the kids they looked really nice .Little sign of the austerity plenty of shoppers and we saw no empty shops .It like the UK goes dark fairly early and the temperature drops dramatically it felt colder as the was a slight wind so back to the ship just as it is getting dark. Not sure If we are going back into the city tonight or leave it until tomorrow and see it in daylight.
    A few drink prices Pint of Boddingtons $5-75 Kir Royal $7-25, Gallic Coffee $7-50, Famous grouse double $6-75 small can of Ginger ale $1-25 all plus 15% wine a decent bottle of white Around $46,overall prices are a bit dearer than Celebrity and are not free pour. They have a good selection of beer Cider and do serve Guinness, nice coffee shop wide choice of tea and coffee standard cups or larger servings if you want one.
    Chickened out of going back into the city Mrs T not that keen to get frozen, so after a nice meal we watched some ballroom dancing followed by the show and up to the Commodore club ,nice piano player in there not to noisy for a night cap ,It would be a nice bar to have drinks in when we have daylight hours ,we had panoramic views over the local area ,the forecast is for a sunny day so back into the city will remember to take my camera this time…Taffy
    ​Taffy

Good job I looked back at your previous post Taffy as I wouldn't have had a clue where you were as you don't mention it anywhere hehe Copenhagen sounds a nice place to visit if you get an overnighter there but the only time I visited the city before it was a whistle-stop visit.

Enjoy your stay whether you get off or not and I'll look forward to your next post.

Comment

Hi Taffy when you mentioned the Tivoli Gardens I knew exactly where you were, it is a wonderful city with a lot going on, I look forward to your next blog.CG
      sigpic

Comment

Another great instalment, Taffy - keep 'em coming!!

Cheers,
        Lynn

Comment

It was very cold when we stayed overnight at the CPG Living (the floating hotel on the Harbour) in April 2011.

Comment

Have a lovely day in Copenhagen Taffy, hope it's nice and warm for you.....HT

Comment

How nice being there overnight, especially this time of year.

Comment

Bonus staying overnight in a great location, hope it warms up a bit for you Taffy!

Comment

wrap up warm if your going outside enjoy your time in CPH

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X