• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I need a Woolly Hat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you see the price of a coffee you may change your mind and dont even think about anything alcoholic unless you take out a new mortgage.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Ingle, Warwickshire View Post
      When you see the price of a coffee you may change your mind and dont even think about anything alcoholic unless you take out a new mortgage.
      Brian
      Thanks Brian........See you soon......
      Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
        Hi guys and Gals, Thank You so much for all your input, it's about what I expected, so I've got the hat, anorak, zip offs and sunscreen ready packed.

I also note that Norway is 'not cheap', although I doubt I will be purchasing anything other than coffee coloured or red coloured liquid.

Is there anything I've missed?

Don't forget the swimming trunks. My little grandaughter swam for three hours in the outdoor pool on Vision Of Seas this month at Geiranger surrounded by snow covered peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
          Although I have answered 1000's of questions on the Q&A Site, it's my turn now!

We are off to the Fiords for the first time mid July, Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger and Bergen.

I note from the weather sites that July is the highest temperatures, but I can't get my head around the daytime onshore clothing.

Will it be Train Spotting attire, Woolly Hat, Anorak, Sandals and Socks, or T Shirt and Trainers?
          Yep
          Even in the summer the evenings get chilly as you sail out of the fjords you will most likely want to spend a lot of time out on deck to take in the view

Comment

Oh...WOW!......................

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey, Wirral View Post
              [/COLOR]
              You weren't entirely wrong Wilba as Norway it self is a Baltic State

Sorry but Norway is not a Baltic State

They are Lithuania,Latvia & Estonia

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post

Yes you are correct in the most common usage for the term.
                However there is also the Council of the Baltic Sea States which covers all those states who have a coastline on the Baltic sea, which of course includes Norway and many others.
                See Wikipedia
                Baltic states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post

See Wikipedia; Baltic States for a more general use of the term

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey, Wirral View Post
                    See Wikipedia; Baltic States for a more general use of the term
                    No Fighting..............I've got to sit with these guys at lunch tomorrow!...........

I
                    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Ingle, Warwickshire View Post
                      Yes you are correct in the most common usage for the term.
                      However there is also the Council of the Baltic Sea States which covers all those states who have a coastline on the Baltic sea, which of course includes Norway and many others.
                      See Wikipedia
                      Baltic states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      Brian

Comment

Ooooooooooo ........... It's gonna be a bloodbath
                        Wilba

Comment

This was late June... Chilly but so beautiful.
                          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

These are June as well

Comment

We went to norway for 1st time 5 years ago(hae been back 3x since)in late june early july,did not take woolly hat with me. Being a little short of hair i was feeling the cold on top, so i bought a woolly hat in a local shop, well it was better than a woolly hat. The cost worked out about £12 the best £12 i ever spent,comming from scotland it can get blinken cold in winter ,i' ve worn it every winter since and it's been back to norway,its the warmest woolly bunnet i've ever had.
                              Last edited by andy mac, kilmarnock; 3rd October 2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I had an umbrella and used it in Geiranger. It was tiping down and that was mid June. Also had a woolly hat but bought a locally made one as it was much warmer and much needed the further North we went.. On that trip I wore shorts in Bergan and Throndheim. Raincoat and brolly in Geiranger. Fleece type jacket in Tromso and very warm scarf and gloves. Thick thermal jacket in Spitsbergan. I suggest you take a bit of everything for all climates. Thermal underwear for the cold days and a pair of Speedo budgie smugglers for the warmer days at sea
                                Last edited by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS; 21st May 2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X