• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queen Victoria World Cruise 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Queen Victoria World Cruise 2019

    Hi folks,
    I was wondering if anyone here has booked the 2019 World cruise aboard Queen Victoria?

    I did look to see if the sister ship was also doing this annual event but sadly she is off to Ozz to try to raise the standards of cruising in our most furthest colony (humour)

    Bye for now
    John from sunny Torquay

    #2
    Hi John, is it a cruise you have booked?..Carol

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
      Hi John, is it a cruise you have booked?..Carol
      Funny you should ask

      My wife and I are very lucky to have booked this world Cruise on the Queen Victoria a ship we have never sailed on. We are looking forward to comparing her to the Queen Elizabeth.

      Comment


        #4
        Fabulous! We have sailed on both ships and not sure exactly why, but do prefer Victoria. You will have experienced Cunard so no surprises there regarding dress code etc.

        Have you done a world cruise before?...Carol

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Carol,
          We are not big time cruisers but yes, we have done one world Cruise before this one.

          Believe it or not but that first World Cruise was our very first cruise, the first time we had ever stepped foot aboard these beautiful ships, plus it was the first time my wife had ever been abroad.

          Since that first trip on the Queen Elizabeth in 2014, we have done two more cruises, one with Princess, the next back on the Queen Elizabeth. That's the lot, so this will be our fourth time on a cruise ship

          Why do you prefer the Queen Victoria?

          I note the cabin layout is identical but has the Victoria been upgraded with more modern televisions?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by John, Torquay View Post
            Hi Carol,
            We are not big time cruisers but yes, we have done one world Cruise before this one.

            Believe it or not but that first World Cruise was our very first cruise, the first time we had ever stepped foot aboard these beautiful ships, plus it was the first time my wife had ever been abroad.

            Since that first trip on the Queen Elizabeth in 2014, we have done two more cruises, one with Princess, the next back on the Queen Elizabeth. That's the lot, so this will be our fourth time on a cruise ship

            Why do you prefer the Queen Victoria?


            I note the cabin layout is identical but has the Victoria been upgraded with more modern televisions?
            I have three cruises on QE under my belt but am a confirmed QV groupie so maybe I can answer that one.

            The hardware is very similar [apart from layout of the the refitted Q1 and other stern cabins] and so in my opinion, it's all down to the staff/crew. They seem more a cohesive bunch and, to me seem better trained which could be because many of them transferred from QE2 to QV.

            Edit
            You will find the QE lovers will staunchly defend ''their'' ship so bear in mind my view is very subjective.
            Last edited by Mrs M; 28th August 2018, 12:19 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              They have the same layout, different decor. We have been on both, QE 3 times this year (unusual to have that many!) We are back on QE in 2019 and already have a booking for QV 2020. We prefer QE but as they say its all down to personal preference. All that said, our favourite Cunard ship is QM2.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by John, Torquay View Post
                Hi Carol,
                We are not big time cruisers but yes, we have done one world Cruise before this one.

                Believe it or not but that first World Cruise was our very first cruise, the first time we had ever stepped foot aboard these beautiful ships, plus it was the first time my wife had ever been abroad.

                Since that first trip on the Queen Elizabeth in 2014, we have done two more cruises, one with Princess, the next back on the Queen Elizabeth. That's the lot, so this will be our fourth time on a cruise ship

                Why do you prefer the Queen Victoria?

                I note the cabin layout is identical but has the Victoria been upgraded with more modern televisions?
                Wow that was very brave to do a Worldie for your first cruise. But how fantastic ...............................................Car ol

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by John, Torquay View Post
                  Hi Carol,
                  We are not big time cruisers but yes, we have done one world Cruise before this one.

                  Believe it or not but that first World Cruise was our very first cruise, the first time we had ever stepped foot aboard these beautiful ships, plus it was the first time my wife had ever been abroad.

                  Since that first trip on the Queen Elizabeth in 2014, we have done two more cruises, one with Princess, the next back on the Queen Elizabeth. That's the lot, so this will be our fourth time on a cruise ship

                  Why do you prefer the Queen Victoria?

                  I note the cabin layout is identical but has the Victoria been upgraded with more modern televisions?
                  Hi, we were on the QV in July and can confirm that the large TV in the cabin seemed new with excellent picture and sound quality. Unless they lost satellite signal which they did in St Petersburg whilst the last England game was been played! And we could see the stadium from the ship!!

                  They have also just brought in a new dinner menu in the Britannia restaurant which we found very good. The aft outside deck area was well furnished with tables and chairs for al fresco dining and lots of sun loungers, chairs and sofas.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                    Hi, we were on the QV in July and can confirm that the large TV in the cabin seemed new with excellent picture and sound quality. Unless they lost satellite signal which they did in St Petersburg whilst the last England game was been played! And we could see the stadium from the ship!!

                    They have also just brought in a new dinner menu in the Britannia restaurant which we found very good. The aft outside deck area was well furnished with tables and chairs for al fresco dining and lots of sun loungers, chairs and sofas.
                    Sounds good. Our next cruise will be on QV!

                    Comment


                    We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.


                    By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

                    Working...
                    X