• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard Trialling DP on QM2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post
    Complicated and expensive.

$69 per day pp - are they having a laugh? If 2 people in the same cabin took this option, then at $138 per day and for a 2 week holiday that is nearly $2,000 for drinks - they really are having a laugh. That works out to be about £1,600 - absolutely ridiculous.
    Couldn't agree more Lucy. Whilst people justify the cost of a package against the high single prices they are being ripped off for, the cruiselines are on a winner.

I have a cheaper option. As much as I've enjoyed 'some' cruiselines, I now boycott them, so they no longer get my drinks bill, gratuities, or ticket price.

They lose, I win, as I cruise elsewhere...............Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
      Couldn't agree more Lucy. Whilst people justify the cost of a package against the high single prices they are being ripped off for, the cruiselines are on a winner.

I have a cheaper option. As much as I've enjoyed 'some' cruiselines, I now boycott them, so they no longer get my drinks bill, gratuities, or ticket price.

They lose, I win, as I cruise elsewhere...............Wilba
      I am sure Wilba you must be at the upper end of the loyalty schemes some cruise lines operate. Therefore you would benefit from the complimentary drink sessions thereby eliminating most of a 'large' bar bill??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
        I am sure Wilba you must be at the upper end of the loyalty schemes some cruise lines operate. Therefore you would benefit from the complimentary drink sessions thereby eliminating most of a 'large' bar bill??

Annie
        I need more than a couple of free pre dinner drinks to incite me into choosing a cruise Annie.
        Wilba

Comment

I need more than a couple of free pre dinner drinks to incite me into choosing a cruise Annie.
          I agree - it would not be a deciding factor for me either. Itinerary always come first.

On my last Celebrity cruise, I had 6 drink vouchers to use during a 2 hour slot and ended up giving most of them away.

However the 3 hour free drink sessions on RCI is a lure for some.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
            However the 3 hour free drink sessions on RCI is a lure for some.

Annie
            I wouldn't say that it is a lure for me. I do tend to drink more on an RCI cruise, because it's there. I use the lounge as a quiet place to read during the day, and for the coffee machine.

Normally I'm not much of a drinker, so a drinks package isn't worth it for me. I bought one once, and found it hard work to get value!

I just bought a bottle of wine at dinner on my last Cunard cruise, and replaced it when finished. I'll probably do the same again on the next cruise.
            2018-
            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

You aren't alone there Wilba.

We met folk on QV we've met before, all Diamond level cruisers like ourselves and out of the eight, only two went to any of the ''freebie' cocktail do's. We will attend a couple on world sectors but not on shorties and as for top tier cruisers Annie, not everyone is up for knocking back as much free alcohol as can be necked in a short session.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                You aren't alone there Wilba.

We met folk on QV we've met before, all Diamond level cruisers like ourselves and out of the eight, only two went to any of the ''freebie' cocktail do's. We will attend a couple on world sectors but not on shorties and as for top tier cruisers Annie, not everyone is up for knocking back as much free alcohol as can be necked in a short session.
                There are several functions on Celebrity in addition to the nightly 2 hour session. I never attend any of those. Far too crowded.

Annie
                Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 25th August 2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Hi All

Yes we're still aboard QM2 and about to commence our return journey.

I've only seen one person using the $60 offer, but he couldn't get his preferred cocktail as it was 40 cents over the limit.

Absolutely nobody in QG is ordering wine by the glass as far as I can tell. Anyway, the maximum of 4 glasses per hour would be too restrictive at dinner and may lead to embarrassments.

Incidentally, although the first few days of the crossing to NYC were a bit foggy, it was still warm, then the last two days have been more like the Mediterranean rather than the Atlantic. Today in NYC was very sunny and 26 deg.

Food in QG has been fabulous with service to match.

Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
                    Hi All

Yes we're still aboard QM2 and about to commence our return journey.

I've only seen one person using the $60 offer, but he couldn't get his preferred cocktail as it was 40 cents over the limit.

Absolutely nobody in QG is ordering wine by the glass as far as I can tell. Anyway, the maximum of 4 glasses per hour would be too restrictive at dinner and may lead to embarrassments.

Incidentally, although the first few days of the crossing to NYC were a bit foggy, it was still warm, then the last two days have been more like the Mediterranean rather than the Atlantic. Today in NYC was very sunny and 26 deg.

Food in QG has been fabulous with service to match.

Stewart
                    Thank you for taking the time to update us.

Enjoy the return trip.

Annie

Comment

I came across our on board account statement earlier from our 7 nights on QV. I've worked out that we spent about $58 a day each on average in the bars and mdr and included 4 bottles of wine . Of course that includes the gratuities.
                      We didn't actually drink all that much considering we were on holiday though it does sound like we did! There have been a couple of times on QM2 that we've spent much more so a drinks package on QM2 would probably be worth it for us.
                      BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
                        There have been a couple of times on QM2 that we've spent much more so a drinks package on QM2 would probably be worth it for us.
                        Thanks Annie. We're just about to set sail.

Remember, we get 2 x litres of spirit in our room, plus as much beer and mixers as we want, so that means it would be a waste of money for us to buy the $69 package.

Off to the sailaway now!

Stewart

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X