• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking in at Southampton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in at Southampton

What's the earliest time you can check in to a Cunard ship at Southampton please? I know they usually allot specific times, but we might be rebels and try checking in earlier (just don't want to be too early!) Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers K

We now take you over to our Cunard correspondent...
    Mrs M step forward

Garf
    Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 19th October 2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

We always arrive at around 11.00 am for any ship, and are generally eating lunch on board shortly after midday.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        We now take you over to over to our Cunard correspondent...
        Mrs M step forward

Garf
        Cunard correspondent. I like it Garfie however, in this case, it's no good asking me. We're Diamond so we just turn up and board!!!!

Seriously though, once priority embarkation has got under way, I don't think anyone would be turned away if you arrived earlier than the stated time but don't quote me. I don't want the Embarkation Police on my trail!!

Comment

In June we had a boarding time on our set sail pass for 330pm. We left West Wales at 7am and arrived in Southampton 1130. We went straight to the terminal prepared to wait but hoping we’d be on sooner.
          My blog says “kerbside 12pm and 35 minutes later on board and in cabin with bags unpacked by 1pm”

With Cunard you get given a card with a letter on and they board by calling each letter. They also board suites first.
          We were onboard as you can see hours before our allotted time. If you are prepared to wait it’s certainly worth a try.
          We sailed Queen Victoria from Mayflower terminal.
          Past cruises:
          Carnival Conquest October 2002
          Independence of the Seas October 2012
          Independence of the Seas May 2014
          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
          Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

We usually turn up early at around Midday regardless of the boarding time we've been given. We have never had to wait more than 30 minutes to board.
            Jill

Comment

We had been allocated 3pm to board QE recently and arrived just before 1pm and got straight on . There weren't any queues in the Mayflower terminal at all which was great and I hope it's the same for QM2 in November.

I will add I was reading through Cunard Q&A earlier today about priority boarding (going to be platinum next time) and they quote that all priority guests can board from 12.30 in Southampton or NYC.
              Last edited by Bigsis, Waterlooville; 19th October 2019, 10:26 PM.
              BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

It varies. We are also now diamond members and get straight on. Sometimes all boarding is delayed a bit if they are not ready, it seems to vary with the shore team on duty. In any case they will not begin until disembarkation has fully cleared and when leaving a ship I have seen people waiting to embark, but having to wait.
                As has been said, you have a card with a letter, sit and wait until your group is called. That can sometimes be a while and tedious. If everyone turns up earlyish clearly it is a longer wait. It is arrival time not official embarkation that determines when you board in practice.

Comment

We boarded yesterday at QE2 Terminal. QG priority check in at 11:30 (no waiting) and we were in our room before midday.

Boarding sequence is QG, PG, Diamond, Platinum then by lettered card.

Comment

I have just downloaded our e-ticket and our boarding time for a Cunard cruise next month is 13:00. We will aim to be there at about 12:00 - 12:30.

It doesn't just depend on when the ship is "ready". Security, baggage handling and check-in staff also have to be in position and firing on all four cylinders. We have priority check-in with P&O but the check-in staff said on our last cruise Security doesn't "open" until 12:30 and sure enough no one moved until 12:30.

Make of that and the above comments what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
                      We boarded yesterday at QE2 Terminal. QG priority check in at 11:30 (no waiting) and we were in our room before midday.

Boarding sequence is QG, PG, Diamond, Platinum then by lettered card.
                      Room BigMac, room?

Surely Stateroom

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

Room BigMac, room?

Surely Stateroom
                        Okay!

CABIN (8181)

Comment

For some reason, City, Mayflower and QE2 terminals seem to board Cunard earlier than Ocean on occasions. We've been onboard for 11;15 sometimes. Cabins aren't necessarily ready but no matter.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X