• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costa Luggage Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Luggage Tags

Anyone else been sent some of these origami style luggage tags form Costa? It says at the bottom, please secure with either a stapler or sellotape.......
    I always have some of that stuff to hand at the cruise terminal!

www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

We used them on out Princess cruise in Feb and they worked OK, just follow the instructions and do them before you leave home!

Comment

Hi there,
      the same issue has been discussed last year already in the German forum and people were upset in the beginning, but others also informed on their experiences with other (US) cruieslines, that it was practice there already, when Costa only started to work like that in the EU (also with e-tickets... - leaves the printing business to the customer and saves a bomb and a half of money - for the cruiseline).
      Some cruisers prepared the tags (if you have to fly-in before cruising) with tape for stabilization, so they don't tear off easily, and fixed them at the luggage just before leaving them for delivery to the cabin with - either a little tape again or a stapler, (very small version to be able to carry it with you). They received all luggage including completely intact labels in good condition at their cabin. Ecactly as it is supposed to be.
      Best regards from southwest Germany at the Swiss border

sigpic millis glashaus

www.millisglashaus.blogspot.com
      (cruise diary - in German language only)

Comment

we went on the serena in april and had proper luggage labels. how strange yours are. perhaps its a cost cutting excercise!!

Comment

it maybe a thing of the future.P&O sent me a set of originals in my cruise brochure,but a few days ago when they sent the Etickets by email they also enclosed the paper labels to print out if i needed any extra,but as they had sent 8 of the proper ones ,I dont think that i will be using them,and they always have spares on the ship if you need some for disembarkation.
          happy cruising.
          jim

Comment

Originally posted by judith ann, wallsend on tyne View Post
            we went on the serena in april and had proper luggage labels. how strange yours are. perhaps its a cost cutting excercise!!
            Think not of cost cuts! Take a leaf from the government books and think of it as a gain in efficiency. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Deefitz, Boston View Post
              We used them on out Princess cruise in Feb and they worked OK, just follow the instructions and do them before you leave home!
              I've also used them with no problems.

cheers
              Harvey

Comment

Was surprised to receive these for Costa Deliziosa by email last month and assumed it was because it was a last minute booking (1 week before departure) but when I phoned Costa to ask for original, thick ones, they said they don't do those any more. In the event I folded them as instructed, took a tiny stapler with me, and stapled the ends together round the suitcase handle when I got to check-in at the terminal. Worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJan, Chigwell View Post
                  Was surprised to receive these for Costa Deliziosa by email last month and assumed it was because it was a last minute booking (1 week before departure) but when I phoned Costa to ask for original, thick ones, they said they don't do those any more. In the event I folded them as instructed, took a tiny stapler with me, and stapled the ends together round the suitcase handle when I got to check-in at the terminal. Worked fine.
                  Funny you say that because we had proper ones for disembarkation.
                  www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

The disembarcation ones are different - colour coded. They don't have much choice on providing those if they want to get everyone's luggage off at the right time. I daresay if they could find a way round that, they would, to save money.

Comment

we got our e-tickets for the upcoming cruise on the Costa Luminosa, including - of course - the self-made-tags.
                      See also my blog

For rough translation, please use the "google translator". For questions, please contact me
                      Best regards from southwest Germany at the Swiss border

sigpic millis glashaus

www.millisglashaus.blogspot.com
                      (cruise diary - in German language only)

Comment

We had absolutely the same worry. We received the tags by e-mail. As we drove to the cruise terminal we had time to attach them at home. We stapled them and put clear tape round them for extra protection.
                        Another thing that surprised us was that there was no check in. As you board a crew member scans your ticket and takes your photo.
                        The key cards will be in your cabin.
                        Then you swipe your credit card through one of the machines on the ship (there is one near the Reception)

Comment

We have just received these today for princess line. Looks like they all might be using them
                          Haggis

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X