• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costa to build World's Largest Cruise Ships........ for now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costa to build World's Largest Cruise Ships........ for now

Hi

Costa Cruises to build world's largest passenger ships - www.travelweekly.co.uk

Yikes

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 28th July 2015, 03:38 PM.

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
    Carnival Corp seem to want to outdo Royal Caribbean in building the biggest cruise ships. A pointless exercise in vanity it seems to me, as so many people would not be tempted by such huge vessels. In any case Costa is not a brand I have sailed on or likely to.....
    What make you think people won't be tempted, speaking to a cruise agent the other day and she was getting calls from people trying to get on an Allure sailing, even calls from the US, but there was nothing available. Makes me believe that there are a lot of people tempted. I am sure that the cruise companies do not spend millions on a new ship without justifying a business case.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Carnival Corp seem to want to outdo Royal Caribbean in building the biggest cruise ships. A pointless exercise in vanity it seems to me, as so many people would not be tempted by such huge vessels. In any case Costa is not a brand I have sailed on or likely to.....

Leave a comment:

• Little Red Rouster, Lancaster
    replied
    A big massive (pun) NO THANKS.

Can anybody explain why they would want 6600 passengers on one ship apart from profit. What is the point it's beyond me.
    Last edited by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster; 29th July 2015, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jan lowden, sunderland (2)
    replied
    A resounding no thankyou!!!! Jan.

Leave a comment:

• Taffy, Wales
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
    600 pax more than oasis but smaller! Wow.
    Now that does put me off.
    Not a fan of these mega ships but they seem to be popular with the cruise lines ,do they return more profit per passenger than smaller ships....Taffy

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
    Yup and it is planned that one of them will sail from Savona, Italy - that will restrict the POC.

Does not appeal to me at all.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yogini, Waterlooville
    replied
    I'm booked for a five night cruise on Ovation in April. I'll make up my mind then, but don't think I'll be rushing to the bigger ships. For one thing, they do seem to be more costly than the older ships.

Leave a comment:

• Lizzie, Lymington
    replied
    Ghastly thought, no way, ship, size or the brand. I honestly believe these huge 'blocks of flats' are a disaster waiting to happen, I really hope I am wrong.

Cue Malcolm to correct me on 'safety'.

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    Not even if they pay me!

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Some people forecast the Costa brand would not survive the Concordia incident:

Will the Costa Cruise Brand Survive? : Cruise Law News

However 6600 people on 1 ship is probably 5000 too many for me.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Wilba
    replied
    There is one regular cruiser here that will not be rushing to buy a ticket.

If I want to hang around with 6600 people I just nip into Tesco Extra...........Wilba

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X