• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puerto Limon Costa Rica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Limon Costa Rica

We have just returned from Celebrity Equinox and one of the Ports of call was Puerto Limon in Costa Rica. We booked and independent tour with Hokey Dokey Tours. For information they were excellent. They were just outside the port to meet us and for $59 per person we had a 5 hour trip which included A short Rain Forest Walk, Banana Planation, A boat trip (Sloth,Monkeys etc), 1 hour at a Beach and Lunch. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them.

We are just back from our cruise and also used Okey Dokey Tours for our stop in Puerto Limon Costa Rica. Our guide "Harrison" met us as arranged outside the port and took us to Veragua Rainforest .
    Here we had a separate guide ("Stan") to walk us through and explain. He was so enthusiastic about the rain forest and its inhabitants and made the tour even more fascinating for us. The skies emptied while we were there and I have never seen rain like it. Gliding down the side of a rainforest valley in a open cable car in an absolute torrent of rain doesn't sound much fun but believe me it was amazing.
    We rounded the trip off with a boat ride down the Tortugero Canal with Harrison who was also very informative and enthusiastic picking out and spotting just about every animal that moved.
    We would highly recommend this tour to anyone!
    Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 4th February 2010, 01:31 PM.
    www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

thank you for that we will be in Limon next January

Comment

It is encouraging that you enjoyed the tour and it it sounded like good value.Must watch out for this company on my next visit their in April.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X