• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what a rip off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a rip off

Just back from a Costa cruise in the Med, great 11 days, BUT

They are now charging five Euros each person for breakfast room service.

One hundred and ten euros for our cruise this is certainly a step too far for us who were loyal Costa members, what with the fixed service charge and now this what the hell are they doing. Do they think this will help pay for this years events.

Is this a step to far, what do you all think.
    Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Morning Tenpin.

I've never cruised with Costa but when we have cruised with RCI we regularly have room service breakfast. I would also be disappointed if they charged for the service.

Vinny
    sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum - been on P & O a few times and their room service is free for most items 24 hours a day. I hope that they keep it that way as well. I should hate to have to pay for breakfast in bed!

Chilligal

Comment

Originally posted by Chilligal, Wales View Post
        Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum - been on P & O a few times and their room service is free for most items 24 hours a day. I hope that they keep it that way as well. I should hate to have to pay for breakfast in bed!

Chilligal
        Welcome, all P&O cruisers are welcome here.

Room service same as on Cunard, excellent service and no charge. I've never seen the attraction of Costa cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
          Room service same as on Cunard, excellent service and no charge. I've never seen the attraction of Costa cruising.
          Funny that Richard after two Cunard cruises I can't say I find any attraction to them either, each to his own I guess

Room service was free up until this trip, have no idea why they have suddenly brought it in.
          Cruising is like;

Comment

We have never cruised Costa its never appealed to us, but now in light of recent events I would never even look...

Comment

Never been charged, but only have room service if we have an early trip booked. If the other lines brought it in we would rather get up a little earlier and eat elsewhere.
              Still, Costa has to claw back money from somewhere.
              sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

It does seem a retrograde step to charge...perhaps they are following the 'Easyjet' model of a basic price and all extras being chargeable?

Comment

To be fair, we've never considered Costa anyway - and certainly won't after the recent accidents

In view of the kind of publicity they're getting, I'd have thought this was hardly an advisable time to bring in such charges - sounds like a death wish to me

Cheers,
                  Lynn
                  Last edited by Mitchell Derby, Derby; 12th April 2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin, Basingstoke View Post
                    Room service was free up until this trip, have no idea why they have suddenly brought it in.
                    Hello Tenpin

I'm probably stating the obvious but do you think maybe that after recent events they have had to cut the headline price to get the bookings? Presumably they're cutting so much that they have to add it back on elsewhere to 'stay afloat', so to speak.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin, Basingstoke View Post
                      Funny that Richard after two Cunard cruises I can't say I find any attraction to them either, each to his own I guess

I am going on a Cunard cruise on 27th April and not really looking forward to it. It was a spur of the moment booking which I now regret.
                      Please will you tell me why you weren't too impressed by your Cunard cruises. At least forewarned is forearmed.

Thank you, in advance.

Angela

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie's Mum View Post
                        I am going on a Cunard cruise on 27th April and not really looking forward to it. It was a spur of the moment booking which I now regret.
                        Please will you tell me why you weren't too impressed by your Cunard cruises. At least forewarned is forearmed.

Thank you, in advance.

Angela
                        Can't you go with an open mind? We all have different tastes, and I loved my first Cunard voyage one QM2 last year. I'm very much looking forward to being on QE in June.
                        2018-
                        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thank you, in advance.

Angela
                          Angela, as has been said please go with an open mind, there were lots to like about our two cruises, I personally just do not like the three tiers that promotes snobbishment. This is just the way we saw it and we were in Princess Grill. Great ships though but then so are Costa's and not many people will even give then a chance.

Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
                          Hello Tenpin

I'm probably stating the obvious but do you think maybe that after recent events they have had to cut the headline price to get the bookings? Presumably they're cutting so much that they have to add it back on elsewhere to 'stay afloat', so to speak.

Bob
                          Hi Bob not sure about that after looking for later on in the year it seems prices have risen since the Concordia just can't work out why.
                          Cruising is like;

Comment

You have always been the Costa champion Tenpin so how does this development affect you future cruising plans? How did you find out, were you already aboard or were you told before you went. And to answer your question. With all their other problems I think it might very well be a step too far. Although I must admit I had decided well over a year ago when reading peoples comments Costa wasn't for me.
                            It seems to me that rudeness is the refuge of the incompetent

Comment

Thank you, in advance.

Angela
                              No need to be forewarned. I think you'll have a very pleasant surprise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X