• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costa not docking in Singapore at Harbour Front, anyone know why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa not docking in Singapore at Harbour Front, anyone know why?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the Costa Classica and Romantica do not seem to be docking at the Harbour-front Centre, 1 Maritime Square anymore? I have been looking at the web-cams on the ships the last couple of times that they have docked, and they seem to be docking in some kind of container port, the only reason I ask is I have been to Singapore with them before and will we going with them again early next year and it was great docking at the Harbour-front Centre as you were right in the city, I don't like the idea of wasting time being driven by coach to the city centre.

I would try phoning Costa and asking them, but from past experience I have found them very unhelpful.

Thanks.

Why not go another route...........

Why not go another route and e-mail their cruise terminal?

PORT /TERMINAL OPERATOR

Port/Terminal Operator
    Singapore Cruise Centre Ptd Ltd
    Address: 1 Maritime Square #07-01 HarbourFront Centre Singapore 099253
    Telephone: (65) 6513 2200
    Facsimile: (65) 6275 1683
    Email: info@singaporecruise.com.sg

There is even a link at the bottom of the page to a ship schedule which tells you the berths the up coming ships are using.
    I see Costa Romantica is using CC02 as I write.
    Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 20th November 2010, 09:45 AM.
    www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, Weston Super Mare View Post

PORT /TERMINAL OPERATOR

Port/Terminal Operator

There is even a link at the bottom of the page to a ship schedule which tells you the berths the up coming ships are using.

You never mentioned you were going away on a cruise ;) :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman, London View Post
        Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the Costa Classica and Romantica do not seem to be docking at the Harbour-front Centre, 1 Maritime Square anymore? I have been looking at the web-cams on the ships the last couple of times that they have docked, and they seem to be docking in some kind of container port, the only reason I ask is I have been to Singapore with them before and will we going with them again early next year and it was great docking at the Harbour-front Centre as you were right in the city, I don't like the idea of wasting time being driven by coach to the city centre.

I would try phoning Costa and asking them, but from past experience I have found them very unhelpful.

Thanks.
        On the number of occasions I have docked in Singapore with cruise ships we have always been in the spot adjacent to the Sentosa Island causeway. On the opposite side of the causeway is the Star Cruise Line Terminal.

I am not aware of a terminal/docking area in the Marina area. Having stayed at both the Marina Mandarin and Ritz Carlton hotel's, both with Marina Bay views, I have never seen a cruise ship there. (not to say there hasn't)

There have, however, been many changes around the Marina Bay area this year, following the commissioning of the new Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, Weston Super Mare View Post

PORT /TERMINAL OPERATOR

Port/Terminal Operator

Thanks for the links, they are really helpful. I did look up where Classica will dock next year and it says the 'Gateway' I do not know what or who the 'Gateway' is :D

Also, the reason I started this thread, was in another thread a few people said when they docked in Singapore they docked in a container port and had to get the coach into the city

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X