• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costa Serena - drinks and food comments please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Serena - drinks and food comments please

I would like to know what drinks are complimentary in Europe. Can you have iced water with you meals in the MDR? In addition, is it true that if one person has a drinks package everyone in the cabin has to? I can't find the prices for the packages on the website can you let me know how much a non-alcoholic package would be for an adult? Does this include frozen drinks and coffee? Can you bring soft drinks and wine on board when at embarkation?

Food - apart from regular meals what snacks are available and are they complimentary? Where is the afternoon tea served? Does this include a complimentary cup of tea? Also can children order from the main menu?

Hi the serena is a lovely ship. If you like wine and soft drinks with your meals the x1 package is well worth it go through your t.a. for the price relating to your cruise. Tea and coffee chilled water are available all day in the ss resturant area. You cannot take any drink on board with you. I cannot help you with childrens menus.Afternoon tea is served in the ss restuarant. You will not go hungry they cater for all types of food. Special coffees are extra as they are on most ships.Hope this helps you have a fantastic cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo and Rob, Suffolk View Post
      I would like to know what drinks are complimentary in Europe. Can you have iced water with you meals in the MDR? In addition, is it true that if one person has a drinks package everyone in the cabin has to? I can't find the prices for the packages on the website can you let me know how much a non-alcoholic package would be for an adult? Does this include frozen drinks and coffee? Can you bring soft drinks and wine on board when at embarkation?

Food - apart from regular meals what snacks are available and are they complimentary? Where is the afternoon tea served? Does this include a complimentary cup of tea? Also can children order from the main menu?
      Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Comment

There is some more information here...

http://www.cruises.co.uk/697-drinks_..._packages.html
        www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Hi
          here's the link for Costas drink packages,you'll probably have to copy and paste into your browser.http://www.costaclick.co.uk/NR/rdonl...age_090710.pdf.
          It does work,just be sure that you cpoy ALL of it.
          regards

Comment

Don't ever buy a J2 package unless you want to dring all day every day!
            Most shore excursions supply water or you can easily pick it up in port to take on board.
            I expected wine by the bottle,but we were served(if you could call it that) very poor red/white wine in toy town glasses and always had to ask for a top up for something that we'd paid for! Drinks in the bar OK if you could actually find a waiter and then wait for half an hour for your drink.
            Probably best to buy a decent bottle of US wine or even a couple of glasses in the bar at "happy hour" and take it into the dining room.
            We found J2 a very expensive mistake.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X