• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity cancellations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity cancellations

Hi all
    Cruise cancellations seem to be coming thick and fast.
    Celebrity announces cancellation of a couple of Silhouette cruises…….these have been rearranged as UK cruises.
    Not open to booking by public until 15th July,,giving those who were booked on these cruises first chance to re book.

I was going to book the 8th Oct sailing to celebrate my anniversary,,,but there is too much uncertainty at this time.

"Dear Guest,
    We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise holiday. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Europe remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling two Celebrity Silhouette® sailings to Europe departing 4 September and 18 September 2021.

We sincerely apologise for having to cancel these sailings as we're sure you are eager to enjoy the refreshing experience of traveling once again. Please know that your Celebrity family anxiously awaits the opportunity to show you the world. At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises holiday or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund. "

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Go for it JC.

Comment

I’m on Silhouette in February. We’ll see how that pans out 🤞

Comment

I am booked on the 31 July sailing. We have to have PCR tests within 72 hours of boarding, and many passengers are having problems in booking. I'm not happy about the location of the nearest testing centre, but there's no real choice if I want to sail.
        2018-
        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I'm booked on Solstice for Japan in Sept, and am being asked for my final payment. i.e most of the cost. Iglu insist it's not cancelled, but so far I've told them I'm not paying and have no intention of doing. I do wish Celebrity would stop pratting about and just cancel it. I'm sure they know full well Japan won't allow foreigners in.

Comment

We are on Silhouette on 23rd July. PCR booked locally and all fully stabbed, soo fingers crossed. We will be at Holiday Inn the night before.
            The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
            T Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
              I am booked on the 31 July sailing. We have to have PCR tests within 72 hours of boarding, and many passengers are having problems in booking. I'm not happy about the location of the nearest testing centre, but there's no real choice if I want to sail.
              Marella are testing at the cruise port before boarding and paying for it.

Must admit I'm totally ignorant about testing but surely if you're tested up to 3 days before you board you could become infected between then & boarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Marella are testing at the cruise port before boarding and paying for it.

Must admit I'm totally ignorant about testing but surely if you're tested up to 3 days before you board you could become infected between then & boarding.
                Testing at the port is also has risks as you could be negative but still infected

Marella say they are using lateral flow tests at the port, together with fully vaccinated will help reduce the risks.

Explorer out of Southampton is not adult only so that is potentially a much riskier sailing as kids are the second most infected age group in the UK.

The general idea is weed out as many as you can before you start then use social measures to reduce spread if anyone slipped through, potentially extra testing during the cruise to catch any cases early.

You can play your part by being socially responsible in the days before you board reducing any exposure risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

You can play your part by being socially responsible in the days before you board reducing any exposure risks.

That is one of my problems with the location of the PCR test. As it's not an easy location to get to I have to go by bus, then train, then walk.

2018-

2019 -

2020 -
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

That is one of my problems with the location of the PCR test. As it's not an easy location to get to I have to go by bus, then train, then walk.
                    I think I would check for any options near the cruise port, book a hotel if more convenient travel day or two before.

Comment

Hi TD
                      Yogini only lives just over 20 miles from Southampton.
                      Why would you go a day or two early and incur the extra costs?

Garf

Comment

Cost by Uber/Ola ?? of course other taxi services will be available.

What is the distance in miles - just thinking out loud??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Cost by Uber/Ola ?? of course other taxi services will be available.

What is the distance in miles - just thinking out loud??

Annie
                          I'm not sure of the distance. It's a hotel located by an out of town shopping centre.
                          2018-

2019 -

2020 -
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Testing at the port is also has risks as you could be negative but still infected

Marella say they are using lateral flow tests at the port, together with fully vaccinated will help reduce the risks.

Explorer out of Southampton is not adult only so that is potentially a much riskier sailing as kids are the second most infected age group in the UK.

The general idea is weed out as many as you can before you start then use social measures to reduce spread if anyone slipped through, potentially extra testing during the cruise to catch any cases early.

Explorer 2 is adult only & they have additional screening for those whose tests are inconclusive or positive.

I rarely go out where I meet people, hardly been out in 18 months, think I'm becoming a recluse! Hardly ever been to the shops, haven't been meeting friends and only seen my son & daughter for a half hour or so. The grandchildren have rarely been seen but as they're teenagers don't think it bothers them too much. What's App is more their style.

If we get the cruise I'll be really careful onboard too!

Still no idea whether we are going up to Shetland. I've heard from some people we know that at the last minute the Scottish ports in their itinerary were changed to some in the South West plus they've been given compensation of onboard spending.

All our ports were Scottish so if Nicola doesn't want us no idea where they'll take us next week. Have to say I'm not really bothered it will just be nice to have a break "Somewhere".
                            Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 17th July 2021, 01:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Explorer 2 is adult only & they have additional screening for those whose tests are inconclusive or positive.

I rarely go out where I meet people, hardly been out in 18 months, think I'm becoming a recluse! Hardly ever been to the shops, haven't been meeting friends and only seen my son & daughter for a half hour or so. The grandchildren have rarely been seen but as they're teenagers don't think it bothers them too much. What's App is more their style.

If we get the cruise I'll be really careful onboard too!

Still no idea whether we are going up to Shetland. I've heard from some people we know that at the last minute the Scottish ports in their itinerary were changed to some in the South West plus they've been given compensation of onboard spending.

All our ports were Scottish so if Nicola doesn't want us no idea where they'll take us next week. Have to say I'm not really bothered it will just be nice to have a break "Somewhere".
                              brave with the edit.

Can't see the Scottish ports happening I would not be bothered.

I am still watching those cruises but the case rates are approaching 1k/100k on the 7 around the area, less attractive for a land extension.

My wider area cases dropped under 200 on the 7day rolling.

It's actually been very safe out and about.

​​​​​​

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X