• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain's Club Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain's Club Changes

Hi All

Thanks to JC for the heads up on another thread, Celebrity Captain's Club changes have been announced.

I pinched this link from the other place.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/...rogram-changes

I have read that it all ties in with the new Celebrity pricing structure.

Annie

Just read it Annie. Even Zenith members are having their Michael’s club lounge access removed. That’s a shocker 😳. “Always included“ just means the base cruise price is going to be more expensive. Wonder when Royal Caribbean will be making similar changes - inevitable

Comment

Hi Annie
      Cant see the problem,,,not that much has changed for Elite.what have they taken away?
      One more cruise and I’m Elite........big deal..not!!

JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Annie
        Cant see the problem,,,not that much has changed for Elite.what have they taken away?
        One more cruise and I’m Elite........big deal..not!!

JC
        The Elegant Afternoon Tea has been removed apparently - I never went.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
          Also wine tasting and backstage tour., not important for us. BUT Happy hour has been replaced with drinks from the Happy Hour menu in bars, so no appetizers or opportunity to meet with other frequent cruisers. All inclusive doesn't appeal to us because we are very moderate drinkers. Happy hour was quite enough together with the free lattes in Cafe al Bacchio, which also seem to have disappeared.

I am not sure when we will cruise again, but these changes, together with the added cost of AI will make Celebrity less appealing to us. It remains to be seen what the cost of other lines will be, but the cost benefit of the Captain's Club has been reduced for us.

Sheila

Comment

I like that they’ve changed the happy hour for elite and above to all bars. They’ve needed to make all these changes due to social distancing.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
              I like that they’ve changed the happy hour for elite and above to all bars. They’ve needed to make all these changes due to social distancing.
              I don't agree. We really enjoyed the happy hour in the Sky Lounge. Not bothered about the free drinks as we always have a package, but liked the location, always plenty of room in our experience, better service, great canapes. In contrast, on the odd occasion the Sky Lounge wasn't available, the bars were always packed with pre dinner drinkers.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                Hi Annie
                Just shows what I know.....never heard of the Elegant Afternoon Tea.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X