• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity OBC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jc, liverpool
    started a topic Celebrity OBC.

Celebrity OBC.

Hi all.
    (Be aware there is a slight mention of politics in this thread)..)

I have a cruise booked on Celebrity Constellation for later in the year,,,,,and i have $500 OBC.
    I have noticed that when booked in the UK in ££££ Celebrity converts that $500 on the Cruise Planner into Pounds at Celebrity rate of exchange.

This rate fluctuates often in todays uncertain political climate,,,,for example todays OBC value is £379,,,,yesterday it was £382,,a few weeks ago it was £404.

I am looking to book the Tuscan Grill for a special occasion,,,it is cheaper if i book it online before boarding,,,,Celebrity rules say,,,,once i spend online pre cruise the OBC rate fixes at that days rate for any future pre spend.

Anything left when boarding becomes Dollars,,,,,the ship currency.

The thing is every time our Prime Minister opens his mouth Pound Sterling drops like a brick.

Should i pre book the restaurant now and fix the rate,or wait until later to see if pigs really do fly and hope the exchange rate rises in Sterling's favour.

JC
    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 4th February 2020, 05:19 PM.

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

i never spend OBC before boarding. I understood previously certain types of OBC could not be used before boarding e.g. Booking excursions but that rule has been relaxes.

I don"t like OBC - always struggle to use it - I would rather have a lower boarding fare.

Annie
    Definitely!

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

it is standard font like the rest of the post
    You just forgot the caps lock then 😊

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

You really don’t need the large font TD, we get your message - no clues required either.
    it is standard font like the rest of the post

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    The clue is

ON BOARD CREDIT

If it has to be spent before you get on board it is not OBC.
    You really don’t need the large font TD, we get your message - no clues required either.

Yes, it’s plain to see but in reality, it’s how it’s actually applied to the account. I’ve just checked my email from Celebrity and for clarity, it states “ I have added $600 on-board credit and your Travel Agent will send you a new updated invoice showing the $600 on board credit applied to your booking”

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    I know some cruiselines allow you to spend your OBC prior to sailing by booking tours, speciality restaurants etc. Maybe this is what the OP cruiseline means?

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    0EE26503-C273-4990-86FF-41423D5C920E.png3EE760DE-2D12-4356-B00B-8C41FD205B11.png

You’ve made me feel much better......lobster, Dover sole, scallop, venison and duck......I don’t like any of them ☹️
    😱😱😱 you don’t like any of them! 🙈😱😱😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 they also do lamb, steak, chicken and veggie options.
    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 5th February 2020, 10:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    The clue is

ON BOARD CREDIT

If it has to be spent before you get on board it is not OBC.

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Oops sorry Mike.

if it’s for a special ‘something’ I’d choose Murano’s. Hubby loves the lobster and Moulin Rouge as they’re flambéd at the table. The Dover sole is deboned at your table and tases delish. I love the scallop wellington for starters. The venison and the duck are very nice too.............OMG I’ve made myself so hungry just writing about the food!
    You’ve made me feel much better......lobster, Dover sole, scallop, venison and duck......I don’t like any of them ☹️

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

I've never heard of it having to be used/spent before even boarding. However I vaguely recall on some lines that certain forms of obc could not be applied or used for Grats?
    I was pondering over some of the Celebrity perks pick one of four, one of the options being prepaid grats or $300 obc - the obc being more than the grats so a no brainer unless you cant use the obc to clear the grats??
    Neither had I until last week. I’m as perplexed as anyone else but it was quite specific in regards to spending the $600 before departure.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Is having to spend it before we board normal? We have $800. Already have drinks and have prepaid grats. I'm blowed if I'm going to lose $800, so better start spending on restaurants, trips etc. if that's the case.
    I've never heard of it having to be used/spent before even boarding. However I vaguely recall on some lines that certain forms of obc could not be applied or used for Grats?
    I was pondering over some of the Celebrity perks pick one of four, one of the options being prepaid grats or $300 obc - the obc being more than the grats so a no brainer unless you cant use the obc to clear the grats??

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied

You’ve now got me thinking about the Tuscan grille - 3 reservations 🤔
    Oops sorry Mike.

if it’s for a special ‘something’ I’d choose Murano’s. Hubby loves the lobster and Moulin Rouge as they’re flambéd at the table. The Dover sole is deboned at your table and tases delish. I love the scallop wellington for starters. The venison and the duck are very nice too.............OMG I’ve made myself so hungry just writing about the food!

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I’ve received speciality dining discounts of anything up to 50%. The 50% was offered when we were in Bermuda overnight. 30% was for other nights. Sometimes the waiters come round and ask if you want to book their restaurant, if so ask for a discount. If you don’t ask you don’t get JC.

we love Murano’s and always book a night there. Qusine is as you say a gimmick. We’ve been twice, once on our own and the other with a very big crowd of friends but I don’t think we’d go back. We’ve only been Tuscan once and enjoyed it but if we were only going to book one speciality restaurant for us it would Murano’s.
    You’ve now got me thinking about the Tuscan grille - 3 reservations 🤔

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Bradbury.
    I never have any luck with the discounts,,I have been trying to get a discount for 3 years in Tuscan,,,I don't want first night.
    I've been offered Murano's a few times,ate there once,wasn't impressed.

Talking to some on Silly last October,,lots who used to book Aqua,but now find them expensive,are booking Consierge and buying 10 night speciality dining packages,,,hence they are getting full.

ps,I believe Silk Harvest has been replaced by Le Pete Chef/Quisine,,you can always get a discount in there,,,,,,not my idea of a nice quiet meal,,it's a gimmick.
    Celebrity has a problem there,nobody goes twice.
    JC
    I’ve received speciality dining discounts of anything up to 50%. The 50% was offered when we were in Bermuda overnight. 30% was for other nights. Sometimes the waiters come round and ask if you want to book their restaurant, if so ask for a discount. If you don’t ask you don’t get JC.

we love Murano’s and always book a night there. Qusine is as you say a gimmick. We’ve been twice, once on our own and the other with a very big crowd of friends but I don’t think we’d go back. We’ve only been Tuscan once and enjoyed it but if we were only going to book one speciality restaurant for us it would Murano’s.

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Peter
    As i understand it,,,any OBC not spent before boarding converts to $$$ on boarding.
    JC
    You’re probably right JC but I was told I had to spend it before boarding. I’m sure there was a pop up of some description advising me of this. I was rather surprised but as I was going to buy the WiFi, restaurant package and excursion anyway, I wasn’t too bothered about it. Certainly worth clarifying. On the other hand my (booking agent) $200 OBC hasn’t appeared on my account yet. Perhaps this appears once you’re on the ship - not too sure at this stage.
    Last edited by mike, lanarkshire; 5th February 2020, 05:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X