• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity OBC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I’ve received speciality dining discounts of anything up to 50%. The 50% was offered when we were in Bermuda overnight. 30% was for other nights. Sometimes the waiters come round and ask if you want to book their restaurant, if so ask for a discount. If you don’t ask you don’t get JC.

we love Murano’s and always book a night there. Qusine is as you say a gimmick. We’ve been twice, once on our own and the other with a very big crowd of friends but I don’t think we’d go back. We’ve only been Tuscan once and enjoyed it but if we were only going to book one speciality restaurant for us it would Murano’s.
    You’ve now got me thinking about the Tuscan grille - 3 reservations 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

You’ve now got me thinking about the Tuscan grille - 3 reservations 🤔
      Oops sorry Mike.

if it’s for a special ‘something’ I’d choose Murano’s. Hubby loves the lobster and Moulin Rouge as they’re flambéd at the table. The Dover sole is deboned at your table and tases delish. I love the scallop wellington for starters. The venison and the duck are very nice too.............OMG I’ve made myself so hungry just writing about the food!
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Is having to spend it before we board normal? We have $800. Already have drinks and have prepaid grats. I'm blowed if I'm going to lose $800, so better start spending on restaurants, trips etc. if that's the case.
        I've never heard of it having to be used/spent before even boarding. However I vaguely recall on some lines that certain forms of obc could not be applied or used for Grats?
        I was pondering over some of the Celebrity perks pick one of four, one of the options being prepaid grats or $300 obc - the obc being more than the grats so a no brainer unless you cant use the obc to clear the grats??

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

I've never heard of it having to be used/spent before even boarding. However I vaguely recall on some lines that certain forms of obc could not be applied or used for Grats?
          I was pondering over some of the Celebrity perks pick one of four, one of the options being prepaid grats or $300 obc - the obc being more than the grats so a no brainer unless you cant use the obc to clear the grats??
          Neither had I until last week. I’m as perplexed as anyone else but it was quite specific in regards to spending the $600 before departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Oops sorry Mike.

if it’s for a special ‘something’ I’d choose Murano’s. Hubby loves the lobster and Moulin Rouge as they’re flambéd at the table. The Dover sole is deboned at your table and tases delish. I love the scallop wellington for starters. The venison and the duck are very nice too.............OMG I’ve made myself so hungry just writing about the food!
            You’ve made me feel much better......lobster, Dover sole, scallop, venison and duck......I don’t like any of them ☹️

Comment

The clue is

ON BOARD CREDIT

If it has to be spent before you get on board it is not OBC.

Comment

0EE26503-C273-4990-86FF-41423D5C920E.png3EE760DE-2D12-4356-B00B-8C41FD205B11.png

You’ve made me feel much better......lobster, Dover sole, scallop, venison and duck......I don’t like any of them ☹️
                😱😱😱 you don’t like any of them! 🙈😱😱😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 they also do lamb, steak, chicken and veggie options.
                Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 5th February 2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I know some cruiselines allow you to spend your OBC prior to sailing by booking tours, speciality restaurants etc. Maybe this is what the OP cruiseline means?

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    The clue is

ON BOARD CREDIT

If it has to be spent before you get on board it is not OBC.
                    You really don’t need the large font TD, we get your message - no clues required either.

Yes, it’s plain to see but in reality, it’s how it’s actually applied to the account. I’ve just checked my email from Celebrity and for clarity, it states “ I have added $600 on-board credit and your Travel Agent will send you a new updated invoice showing the $600 on board credit applied to your booking”

Comment

You really don’t need the large font TD, we get your message - no clues required either.
                      it is standard font like the rest of the post

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

it is standard font like the rest of the post
                        You just forgot the caps lock then 😊

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

i never spend OBC before boarding. I understood previously certain types of OBC could not be used before boarding e.g. Booking excursions but that rule has been relaxes.

I don"t like OBC - always struggle to use it - I would rather have a lower boarding fare.

Annie
                          Definitely!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X