• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Welcome" bottles in staterooms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Welcome" bottles in staterooms?

We will be going on the Celebrity Eclipse soon and I wondered whether I could expect a "complimentary" bottle of something (fizzy wine perhaps) in our stateroom as we have on other cruise lines?

I wouldn't hold your breath. We sailed on Celebrity Constellation in a concierge class suite and were supposed to have a bottle of champagne in the suite although it turned out to be sparkling wine.

Generally you don't get a bottle unless you're above a certain suite level and then they would tell you if it was included.

Comment

you'll get a welcome glass of fizz as you board, that's about it!
      Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

As others have said you are unlikely to have a freebie provided by Celebrity. We had a bottle of wine in each of our cabins courtesy of our travel agent.

Word of warning...keep an eye on your onboard account. Bottles of Evian water (cost $4.50) are provided in all cabins but guests should only be charged if the water is consumed. We did not touch ours but were charged regardless. It took several attempts (over 4 days - not very impressive) before Guest Relations finally removed the charge from our account.

Comment

I am sure that in P&O the first bottle of water is free but a charge follows if you order any more.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by CABINET, LONDON View Post
            We will be going on the Celebrity Eclipse soon and I wondered whether I could expect a "complimentary" bottle of something (fizzy wine perhaps) in our stateroom as we have on other cruise lines?
            It depends on the state room you are in you should get it in Concierge and above you can see a picture of it on the photo section on this site and it is fizzy wine you should get some fruit as well.
            ​Taffy

Comment

The sparkling wine you get in a Concierge cabin on Celebrity is a darn sight better than Cunard's dreadfull "Pol Acker"!

Comment

Thanks everybody for your answers. The reason I asked is that I saw some photos on someone's blog which showed bottles of "Champagne" in their stateroom. Presumably they must have had a fancy one (although it looked pretty ordinary to me!) Oh well, forewarned is forearmed. Ours is just the basic one.

We are struggling at the moment to decide whether to buy a drinks package. As you may have guessed I do like a bit of fizz and it doesn't look as though that would be included. I also wonder whether we would end up drinking more just to get our moneys worth. We are quite heavy drinkers as it is and our livers would probably prefer us to be pay as you go!

Would be annoying though if we end up spending lots more that the cost of a drinks package. We don't drink spirits just wine mainly and sometimes beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_C, Worthing View Post
                  The sparkling wine you get in a Concierge cabin on Celebrity is a darn sight better than Cunard's dreadfull "Pol Acker"!
                  Steady on old boy. That's my favoured cruise line you are berating. You get genuine bubbles the higher your level of accommodation.

Pointless giving the stuff away to those who would not appreciate it after all.

No cocktail parties on Celebrity either. Nice ships though.

Comment

You get the real thing in a QG cabin John, but they give you the Pol Acker as well!! (Its OK if you add peach schnapps to it.)

Celebrity Concierge Class - the cabins are no different to normal balcony cabins, but I think its worth a small extra payment to get a good breakfast in the cabin. You also get bath robes, and canapes, flowers, umbrellas, and some cheap useless binoculars. You also move up the loyalty club tiers faster, with an extra cruise credit, so you can get to their top tier with 3 * 12 nights in concierge class, plus one other cruise in an ordinary cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_C, Worthing View Post
                      You get the real thing in a QG cabin John, but they give you the Pol Acker as well!! (Its OK if you add peach schnapps to it.)

Celebrity Concierge Class - the cabins are no different to normal balcony cabins, but I think its worth a small extra payment to get a good breakfast in the cabin. You also get bath robes, and canapes, flowers, umbrellas, and some cheap useless binoculars. You also move up the loyalty club tiers faster, with an extra cruise credit, so you can get to their top tier with 3 * 12 nights in concierge class, plus one other cruise in an ordinary cabin.
                      Does that mean we don't get bathrobes in ordinary cabins then? Yet another thing to pack!

Comment

"Pointless giving the stuff away to those who would not appreciate it after all."

That was surely said tongue in cheek!

I may be a pauper but I adore Champagne, good cognac and caviar, no foie grasse for me though.

Comment

There was a bottle of Moet champers waiting for me in a bog standard balcony cabin on NCL Jade, along with a vast, overdressed birthday cake....although my birthday was a week after we returned. Queried it, but it was a gift from the line....
                          Still puzzled, 2 years on.
                          Jo.
                          Jo.

Comment

My sister had a birthday cake given from NCL, Her birthday was a week before we boarded. It was the nicest cake i'v eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot, New Romney View Post
                              My sister had a birthday cake given from NCL, Her birthday was a week before we boarded. It was the nicest cake i'v eaten.
                              I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I blamed OH for wasting money on a surprise package when I walked into the cabin.....he rang reception who told him that it was with their complements.....I wish I'd saved the birthday card which came with it. It's a funny line- selling scratch cards in the theatre for $20, then giving away free birthday packages.....I actually like the line very much.
                              Jo.
                              Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X