• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity suspensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity suspensions

Hi all
    Celebrity just released this...

"Celebrity Cruises will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on or before November 30th, 2020, as well as our Winter 2020/21 season in Asia and Australia.”

Why would they cancel Aus/Asia sailings but plan to go ahead with US/Caribbean winter season when COVID-19 infections in Aus/Asia are in the tens or hundreds when infections in the US can be 50,000 a day.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all

"Celebrity Cruises will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on or before November 30th, 2020, as well as our Winter 2020/21 season in Asia and Australia.”

Why would they cancel Aus/Asia sailings but plan to go ahead with US/Caribbean winter season when COVID-19 infections in Aus/Asia are in the tens or hundreds when infections in the US can be 50,000 a day.

JC
    Aus/Asian countries operate a 14 day strict quarantine policy.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Aus/Asian countries operate a 14 day strict quarantine policy.

Annie
      Hi Annie.
      That answers my question.
      JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Well, I can’t see us cruising for the foreseeable future. Sad, but a first world problem as Annie would say.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
          Well, I can’t see us cruising for the foreseeable future. Sad, but a first world problem as Annie would say.

Take care and stay well. Helen
          I think you are correct especially if the PM hopes we can discontinue social distancing measures by October 2021.

Annie

Comment

It’s not getting any better for the cruise industry, is it ? The way things are going we’ll be well into next year year before any of us are cruising again. In any event, I’m not paying the current sky high Celebrity prices just to get back on a cruise ship. The current offer of “Free drinks” doesn’t tempt me tbh.

Comment

Well still booked with the Iona for the 29th May but.... if things stay as they are I can't see the Norwegian authorities allowing us in as they seem to have a low covid rate, I imagine a huge ship such as the Iona and her thousands of passengers will scare the hell out of them!! unless of course there is a break through in a vaccine.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi all

JC
                Hi JC

An update:
                https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/new...heim-ntp-feeds

I am not surprised. That accords with what my godson has told me.

Annie

Comment

Hello- I am not surprised by the current suspension of sailing ⛵️ I think it will be a long time before we see cruising going back to normal.
                  . If it ever does at all. The people I feel most sympathy for are the ones whose livelihoods depend on it. Furlough is ending soon . Mortgages and rent will still need to be paid . My heart goes out to everyone affected financially by this situation.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X