• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Celebrity Cruise - why did we wait so long?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always feel sorry for people when they say "we stick to what we like".

If you dont explore different brands, how do you know what is best for you?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Alternatively, if you're very happy with what you have settled on, why change? I have actually tried 6 other lines, and have read a lot about others to know they're not for me, so am happy to stick with Celebrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria, Aberystwyth View Post
        What a positive review - thank you. Would love to try Celebrity sometime. Good to read about the tables for two!
        To be fair, tables for two can be close together on Solstice class ships, but to my mind it gives you the best of both worlds. You can talk to your neighbours, or not, as you choose, and don't have to wait for a whole large table to be served. We have never had a problem getting a table for two, and on our recent cruise had no waiting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
          Alternatively, if you're very happy with what you have settled on, why change? I have actually tried 6 other lines, and have read a lot about others to know they're not for me, so am happy to stick with Celebrity.
          Fine - you have already explored other brands. Enjoy!
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Different lines/ships can work for different itinerary mood time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
              I always feel sorry for people when they say "we stick to what we like".

If you dont explore different brands, how do you know what is best for you?
              I agree. We have tried six different lines and while Celebrity is our favourite there is only one we would not consider in future. We haven’t tried any 'British' lines, but friends really enjoy Fred Olsen, so we may give them a go. The luxury lines are out of our budget at the moment, but I would never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Different lines/ships can work for different itinerary mood time of year.
                Sorry, but I don't see that. I've been to many parts of the world and at different times of year with Celebrity, and the product, unsurprisingly, is the same, and I have always been satisfied.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't see that. I've been to many parts of the world and at different times of year with Celebrity, and the product, unsurprisingly, is the same, and I have always been satisfied.
                  I agree. Find a product which ticks all your boxes, why bother looking elsewhere. We're even more specific. We travel on one ship, as I think I might have mentioned once or twice!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed Celebrity. Like many forum members we love Celebrity but their prices are unbelievably high at present so we won’t be encouraging them to keep their high prices by booking them. Hopefully they will bring them back to normal soon.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Welcome to the Celebrity fan club! 😉 We love the Celebrity cruise experience and have already booked our next one with them. Staterooms, food, entertainment are all very good to excellent in our opinion and this last cruise we had a stateroom attendant who was exceptional. I agree that the prices have gone silly, but if we can get a reasonable deal with them we’ll take it.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Hi all
                        I retuned home yesterday from a 10 night Canaries cruise on Celebrity Silhouette,,,,,this was my 6th Celebrity cruise.
                        Although i enjoyed the cruise,some parts of it have slipped in my opinion.
                        The food in the MDR is getting repetitious and not altogether appealing,,,although the food in the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) was superb.
                        It was noticable that there where many empty tables in the MDR,some Assistant- Waiters were directed to help up in the Oceanview.

Theatre entertainment was not good standard,,,with x2 Comedians,x2 Boy Bands ,a crossover violinist and the usual production shows of Life,,Pearl and Euphorium which never change,,,,the singers except for the lead male singer i found screachy (is that a word?)
                        Although the wandering minstrels who provided music in the Foyer,Ensemble Lounge,Martini Bar and Sky Lounge where excellent.

I am sill a fan of Celebrity and will probably look at a Millenium class ship for next year.

JC
                        Last edited by jc, liverpool; 14th October 2019, 12:04 PM.
                        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X