• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity 2020 Pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity 2020 Pricing

Hi All

I read on cc that the 2020 schedules have been released and the pricing is ouch!!!!!

9 day cruise Sept 2020 SOTON departure inside cabin solo price exceeds £300 per day ! Oceanview cabin £400 per day!

I daren't check other routes or dates.

I need a drink

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 28th November 2018, 03:13 PM.

I am a Celebrity fan but there is no way on this earth I will pay that. Their loss!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
      I am a Celebrity fan but there is no way on this earth I will pay that. Their loss!
      Ditto,

Took these prices of Celebrity web site, 14 day cruise, 14 days, September 2020, Southampton to Iceland, good luck selling cabins at those prices, historically we have booked Aqua Class

Staterooms

Deals availableJohn
      Last edited by Haworth, Wokingham; 28th November 2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
        Hi All

I read on cc that the 2020 schedules have been released and the pricing is ouch!!!!!

9 day cruise Sept 2020 SOTON departure inside cabin solo price exceeds £300 per day ! Oceanview cabin £400 per day!

I daren't check other routes or dates.

I need a drink

Annie
        Don’t be dipping into the festive booze you’ve just bought Annie

Celebrity pricing is absolutely crazy and has been for sometime but someone must be paying it or they wouldn’t be charging those prices. I won’t be paying it, not that desperate tbh. I’ll sit it out until they realise they cant’ fill the cabins.

Comment

Hi all
          Same here,,problem is if you look elsewhere for similar,some cruiselines are dearer.
          I can find a reasonable price next year,,but the way cruise prices are going I'm back to TUI.

I look for total of £3000 for 10 days (for 2) AI in a balcony.My last 4 Celebrity cruises have been around that figure.
          2020 prices don't come near that.

JC
          Last edited by jc, liverpool; 28th November 2018, 03:53 PM.
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We now have 2 land based holidays next year, excellent hotels and facilities and significantly less than most cruises, the main down side is that we are not on a cruise, but value does matter.

John

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Celebrity pricing is absolutely crazy and has been for sometime but someone must be paying it or they wouldn’t be charging those prices. I won’t be paying it, not that desperate tbh. I’ll sit it out until they realise they cant’ fill the cabins.
              I can wait and grab a cabin nearer to departure only if the itinerary suits. If not back to Africa.

Annie

Comment

Hi Mike and Annie.
                My cruise last month on Eclipse was not full,,you could walk into the MDR at 19:00 and pick your table.
                The thing was,,,the price held up until sailing day,,never dropped for weeks,,,I was looking for price drops to maybe upgrade to Aqua.
                JC
                Last edited by jc, liverpool; 28th November 2018, 04:48 PM.
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                  Hi Mike and Annie.
                  My cruise last month on Eclipse was not full,,you could walk into the MDR at 19:00 and pick your table.
                  The thing was,,,the price held up until sailing day,,never dropped for weeks,,,I was looking for price drops to maybe upgrade to Aqua.
                  JC
                  Just doesn’t make financial sense. I was under the impression the cruise lines wanted a full ship (if anything for gratuity purposes.)

Comment

Just doesn’t make financial sense. I was under the impression the cruise lines wanted a full ship (if anything for gratuity purposes.)
                    Really??

As long as the passenger numbers on board contribute sufficient revenue to meet the target set by HO, the bean counters will be happy.

Annie

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Me too. Our next Celebrity cruise was booked at $2000 US pp for 14 nights and since we booked a year ago the price has risen steadily. We booked OV with the intention of upgrading when prices dropped after final payment, but OV is currently $2800 pp with out the drink package and gratuities included in our price.. That may be our last Celebrity cruise unless prices become more reasonable.

Sheila

Comment

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to them over the next few weeks. Royals prices were extortionate for 2020 when they launched over a week ago. There was lots of complaints on FB and CC. Some people even emailed Michael Bailey to complain.
                          Then at the weekend the prices dropped. We’ve booked Anthem for 2020 and paid £700pp less than if we’d booked a week earlier.
                          Maybe Celebrity are trying it on like their sister company!?
                          Past cruises:
                          Carnival Conquest October 2002
                          Independence of the Seas October 2012
                          Independence of the Seas May 2014
                          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
                          Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

We have paid more than that on a Fred Olsen cruise, £3,000pp for 1 week to The Fjords, But that was in an Owners Suite.
                            So, Dont think some of the smaller cruise lines are cheaper , Pound for pound £3,000 for 14 nights in a balcony cabin isn't as bad as it first seems. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                              We have paid more than that on a Fred Olsen cruise, £3,000pp for 1 week to The Fjords, But that was in an Owners Suite.
                              So, Dont think some of the smaller cruise lines are cheaper , Pound for pound £3,000 for 14 nights in a balcony cabin isn't as bad as it first seems. Jan.
                              A quick check on MSC for 2020 shows Yacht Club cruises are between £180 to £260 a day. So a 14 day cruise is about £3000 AI. Balconies are £100 to £150 a night (no drinks). All ships and itineraries from May to Aug 2020 seem to be in this range. (OK drinks in Balcony are £30 pn and gratuities about £10 pn).

So why pay £300 to £400 a night for a balcony on Celebrity?

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X