• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnival Corporation places 4 LNG Cruise Ship Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annie, Glasgow
    started a topic Carnival Corporation places 4 LNG Cruise Ship Order

Carnival Corporation places 4 LNG Cruise Ship Order

Hi All

From Seatrade-insider, order placed with Meyer.

Passenger capacity approx 5000 each vessel.

2 of the ships are destined for Aida.

Annie

• Hampshire Thorn, Fareham
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
    ...the most important big of cruise news for quite a few years and only four posts!

P&O and Cunard fans may find themselves cruising on these new mega-ships one day, in their respective livery!
    If others are like me, I didn't have a clue what LNG Cruise ships are - thought Annie had left out the O ................HT

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    ...the most important big of cruise news for quite a few years and only four posts!

P&O and Cunard fans may find themselves cruising on these new mega-ships one day, in their respective livery!

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    So Carnival are back in the "my ship is bigger than yours" game. In terms of gross tonnage (volume) these will be the world's second biggest ships.

If your size-criteria is passengers capacity, they could be called the world's biggest ships.

These new ships will be just 45,000 gt smaller than RCI's 'Oasis' class, yet with a bigger passenger capacity of 6,600 compared to Oasis's 6,296 (all berths). This of course makes the Carnival newbuilds a little more crowded.

Carnival tend to retain their ship designs for many years, just making slight modifications over time. Therefore I would not be surprised if we don't see P&O and/or Cunard getting one of these new ships, sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• Ingle, Warwickshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired, Sheffield View Post
    Liquid Natural Gas fueled cruise ships??
    Yes
    Carnival Corporation Finalizes Contract with Meyer Werft to Build Four Next-Generation Cruise Ships - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Retired, Sheffield
    replied
    Liquid Natural Gas fueled cruise ships??

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X