• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnival Line to return to Europe in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnival Line to return to Europe in 2016

Hi All

I picked this up from Travel Weekly:

Carnival Cruise Line to return to Europe - www.travelweekly.co.uk

Interesting times

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 23rd January 2015, 01:47 AM.

Hope they will..I enjoyed our cruise on Splendor.
    They're not right for the traditionalists so it means the demographic is a bit younger.
    But one thing it doesn't mention is where it will be sailing from...just hope it's Barcelona as I love that city.
    Regards
    Garfield

Comment

More choice the better for us punters ....Taffy
      ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        Hope they will..I enjoyed our cruise on Splendor.
        They're not right for the traditionalists so it means the demographic is a bit younger.
        But one thing it doesn't mention is where it will be sailing from...just hope it's Barcelona as I love that city.
        Regards
        Garfield
        Yes I agree Garf, although I would prefer Venice as a start/finish point.

The only off putting thing for me is their idea of 'new itineraries'.

Here is an extract.............New itineraries for summer 2016 on Carnival Vista include Athens, Barcelona, Dubrovnik, Izmir, Corfu, Livorno, Marseille, Messina (Sicily), Naples, Rome, Trieste and Valetta.

These are among the most flogged to death ports in the Med.............Wilba
        Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post

Here is an extract.............New itineraries for summer 2016 on Carnival Vista include Athens, Barcelona, Dubrovnik, Izmir, Corfu, Livorno, Marseille, Messina (Sicily), Naples, Rome, Trieste and Valetta.

Maybe for you..I haven't done some of those ..yet
          Some are on our next itinerary in the summer..
          I'm just putting together our travel plans to Venice..already booked the Hotel Arlecchino next to the Best Western Olimpia.
          If we do the overnight Paris-Venice I will do a blog...but we're keeping our options open at the moment.
          We may go through Geneva with a stop for a look at Lake Geneva then onwards.

From the Man in Seat 61 site

Starting 14 December 2014, Eurostar & TGV-Lyria will offer a London-Geneva service with one easy same-station change in Lille, running Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays all year round. London to Geneva in just 6h18! Stay overnight in Geneva and next morning take a bullet-nosed EuroCity train with restaurant car from Geneva to Milan in 3h53, to Verona in 5h45 or to Venice in 6h58. Ideal if you've heavy luggage, children or mobility problems as there's no need to cross Paris. It'll probably cost a bit more than option 1, but not much. An added bonus is the excellent mountain scenery on both the Paris-Geneva and Geneva-Milan routes!

The scenic option appeals to us.

Regards
          Garfield

Comment

I was looking forward to sailing Carnival again, but as they are departing from Trieste and we don't fly I don't think I'll be bothering

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
              Maybe for you..I haven't done some of those ..yet
              Some are on our next itinerary in the summer..
              I'm just putting together our travel plans to Venice..already booked the Hotel Arlecchino next to the Best Western Olimpia.
              If we do the overnight Paris-Venice I will do a blog...but we're keeping our options open at the moment.
              We may go through Geneva with a stop for a look at Lake Geneva then onwards.

From the Man in Seat 61 site

Starting 14 December 2014, Eurostar & TGV-Lyria will offer a London-Geneva service with one easy same-station change in Lille, running Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays all year round. London to Geneva in just 6h18! Stay overnight in Geneva and next morning take a bullet-nosed EuroCity train with restaurant car from Geneva to Milan in 3h53, to Verona in 5h45 or to Venice in 6h58. Ideal if you've heavy luggage, children or mobility problems as there's no need to cross Paris. It'll probably cost a bit more than option 1, but not much. An added bonus is the excellent mountain scenery on both the Paris-Geneva and Geneva-Milan routes!

The scenic option appeals to us.

Regards
              Garfield
              That looks a very interesting journey option Garf. I doubt you will be disappointed with Venice whatever mode of transport you take.

I wasn't thinking of myself regarding the 'new' Carnival ports, more the case that every cruiseline has done these ports to death over the last half a century.

A 'new port' to me is one that has seen very few cruise ships overall..............Wilba
              Wilba

Comment

Just found this on TTG Digital

"A 12-day Barcelona round-trip is expected to prove particularly popular for the UK market."

Seems at least one will go from Barca.

Regards
                Garfield

Comment

That looks a very interesting journey option Garf. I doubt you will be disappointed with Venice whatever mode of transport you take.

I wasn't thinking of myself regarding the 'new' Carnival ports, more the case that every cruiseline has done these ports to death over the last half a century.

A 'new port' to me is one that has seen very few cruise ships overall..............Wilba

Couldn't agree more..we only went for a walk around Civi on our Oasis cruise...Rome is lovely but not every cruise.
                  Nice little place with a pleasant seafront..plenty of bars for me and tat shops to keep OH happy.
                  Regards
                  Garfield

Comment

Hi Wilba, I haven't done any of those ports either, something to look forward too .................................................. ...........Carol

Comment

Seems ship is sailing from different ports but mainly Barcelona (10 sailings)only 1 from Trieste and 5 from Athens.
                      Itineraries are here:
                      Book any Cruise | Carnival Cruise Lines
                      As Wilba says all the ports are ones that are done to death.Never sailed Carnival itself.Would only be tempted if the price was right.They quite Europe becuase of relatively poor bookings I understood.The competition has actually increased in the Med since they quit,guess a brand new ship will help bookings though.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                        Hi Wilba, I haven't done any of those ports either, something to look forward too .................................................. ...........Carol
                        Are you sure you haven't slept through them Carol?..............Wilba
                        Wilba

Comment

A welcome option for me too. I like Carnival ships and they offer a good product. Not only that, but they come up with some reasonable prices too.

I quite like the sound of the ports (even though I have done most of them to death) but nice ports never the less.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                            Seems ship is sailing from different ports but mainly Barcelona (10 sailings)only 1 from Trieste and 5 from Athens.
                            That bloody John Heald said it was to be based in Trieste on his FB page! That's the last time I believe him!

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                              That bloody John Heald said it was to be based in Trieste on his FB page! That's the last time I believe him!
                              I'm sure his get of jail card would be to say it is based in Trieste....once!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X