• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnival: "Cruises are value for money"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnival: "Cruises are value for money"

Carnival Cruise Lines, which operates many cruise brands including P&O Cruises, Cunard and Princess, has said that cruise holidays represent good value for money for passengers.

Spokesperson Jennifer de la Cruz said that the cruise industry is focussing on providing affordable deals and offering great value.

She said: "Cruising is not only a unique and exciting vacation experience but it offers tremendous value. We believe that people will continue to focus very heavily in the coming year on value for the money.

"The Caribbean consistently offers warm, sunny weather and a wide variety of itinerary choices"

She also describe the "all-inclusive" nature of cruise packages as a major attraction, although last year there was controversy over the payment of tips on board cruise ships.

This week, new research by P J Hyman showed that a large number of holidaymakers are failing to estimate the true cost of a trip abroad.

Do you think cruising represents good value for money when compared with other holiday choices and offers?

Cruising is good value for money in the package provided and this is demonstrated by the increasing number of people taking cruise holidays.

However, it is completely misleading for Carnival's spokesperson to talk about "the all-inclusive nature of cruise packages". There has been so much discussion on this site about the cost of add-ons and these are over and above the cost of gratuities.

Comment

I know you know this and I am probably being a pest, but you do knnow that Carnival Cruise Line are a cruise line by themselves and Carnival UK PLC are the parent company of all those other cruise lines you mentioned above. They are different Carnival entities.

I am not endearing myself am I? haha.

Comment

Does corporate detail matter? not to some..

Originally posted by Pomplemous, Pomplemous View Post
        I know you know this and I am probably being a pest,
        but you do know that Carnival Cruise Line are a cruise line by themselves
        and Carnival UK PLC are the parent company of all those other cruise lines you mentioned above.
        They are different Carnival-owned entities. ===> About 6 or 7 of them!
        I suspect the statement was issued by the Carnival Corporation, or the UK Carnival PLC
        and not by Carnival Cruise Line.
        ;)
        Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

There's the cruise line, and then there's the Corp. -get it?

Originally posted by Cruise News, cruise.co.uk View Post
          Carnival Cruise Lines, which operates many cruise brands
          including P&O Cruises, Cunard and Princess, has said .....
          Carnival Cruise Line operates one single cruise line
          and that is the Carnival Cruise Line.

The Carnival Corporation and/or Carnival UK PLC
          is another (and far larger) corporate entity altogether.

Please differentiate in your public news releases.
          It's not one big jumbled mess.

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Actually, I make it 11 different brands, 10 after the demise of Ocean Village at the end of the year.

Extract from the Carnival corporate website, .

Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn Cruise Line in North America; P&O Cruises, Cunard Line and Ocean Village in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises in Australia

Brian

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X