• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambassador from Liverpool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jc, liverpool
    started a topic Ambassador from Liverpool

Ambassador from Liverpool

Hi all
    Ambassador Cruises has announced it is sailing from Liverpool in 2023.
    The ship MV Ambition will go on sale from 19th May,,,,,will see what itineraries,,,will it give competition to Fred Olsen?

JC

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    Hi JC , just popped in to see whats going on,and see you are talking about the Ambition and Ambience , I am going to a meeting next week with the local travel agent regarding these ships who tells us these ships will be calling into Falmouth however, I have just looked up their itineries and can not see any calls for Falmouth!! Maybe they will add them later? however I will enquire st the meeting . I do hope they will add Falmouth . They look quite nice ships any idea where or what company handed them down? We haven't managed to sail anywhere yet we still have our Norway cruise on hold 3 years now , but one person doesn't want to sail until next Year so I am outnumbered. Joe can't go as we can't get insurance for him but he's still gardening etc but more good then bad days thank goodness. The only plan he has is the garden and planting the veg .Hope you are keeping well !
    Hi CG
    Nice to hear from you,all good here except both of us got a dose of COVID three weeks ago coming off Celebrity Silhouette.
    I think I saw Falmouth on one itinerary from Liverpool on Ambition via Bristol.

Im the opposite of your friend,after 2 years of lockdown I feel it’s 2 years of my life I couldn’t afford to miss and I might shove in x4 cruises this year.

Good to see Joes in the garden getting on with the veg growing,,,they will come in handy with food prices in the shops rising.

JC

Leave a comment:

• ilovesunshine, east yorks
    replied
    World cruise looks interesting itinerary 120 nights from £9,300

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Anyone wanting prices I can do a list like this one
    • Ship:Ambition
    • Cruise Code:A22301
    • Cruise Title:Maiden Nordic Voyage
    • Departure Point:London Tilbury
    • Departure Date:04 Mar 2023
    • Duration:6 nights

4 guests
    1 – Standard Twin – £569.00 – 9 available
    1S – Standard Single – £859.00 – 1 available
    2 – Standard Plus Twin – £609.00 – 9 available
    3 – Superior Twin – £649.00 – 9 available
    4 – Premium Twin – £689.00 – 9 available
    5S – Premium Single – £1,019.00 – 9 available
    6 – Standard Twin – £759.00 – 9 available
    6S – Standard Single – £1,099.00 – 9 available
    7 – Standard Twin – £799.00 – 9 available
    8 – Standard Plus Twin – £829.00 – 9 available
    9 – Superior Twin – £909.00 – 9 available
    10S – Superior Single – £1,129.00 – 9 available
    11 – Superior Plus Twin – £949.00 – 9 available
    12 – Premium Twin – £979.00 – 9 available
    12S – Premium Single – £1,229.00 – 9 available
    16 – Premium Balcony – £1,319.00 – 9 available
    JS – Junior Suite – £1,499.00 – 9 available
    JSS – Junior Suite Single – £2,259.00 – 9 available
    SJS – Superior Junior Suite – £1,689.00 – 9 available
    PS – Premium Suite – £2,259.00 – 9 available
    DS – De Luxe Suite – £2,619.00 – 6 available

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    Hi JC , just popped in to see whats going on,and see you are talking about the Ambition and Ambience , I am going to a meeting next week with the local travel agent regarding these ships who tells us these ships will be calling into Falmouth however, I have just looked up their itineries and can not see any calls for Falmouth!! Maybe they will add them later? however I will enquire st the meeting . I do hope they will add Falmouth . They look quite nice ships any idea where or what company handed them down? We haven't managed to sail anywhere yet we still have our Norway cruise on hold 3 years now , but one person doesn't want to sail until next Year so I am outnumbered. Joe can't go as we can't get insurance for him but he's still gardening etc but more good then bad days thank goodness. The only plan he has is the garden and planting the veg .Hope you are keeping well !

Hi

Just received the Ambassador brochure. MV Ambition was previously AidAmira & before that CostaNeoRiviera.& MV Ambience was previously Regal Princess & then with P&O Australia it was Pacific Dawn.
    Falmouth is included in Ambition's Jewels of the Mediterranean 16 September 2023 from Bristol which seems a nice option for people from that area who don't want to fly. There's also the Easter British Isles Discovery 26 March 2024 from Tilbury. There may be others I've missed.

We lost our Norwegian cruise too with Marella to North Cape a couple of years ago and Marella are not cruising from the UK now. Apart from Fred Olsen all the other lines now are using large ships for these cruises & the FO cruises are about twice the price of what Marella were. The Ambassador ships are both quite small so I was keen on the Ambition June cruise from Newcastle but there's a problem with their website. When you go through the process of trying to find out the cost of specific cabins, partway through the process it changes the ship to Ambience! We'll see what happens with that!

Hope you manage to get a cruise arranged before too long. I like having something to look forward to, I'm not good at booking last minute!

I'm sure these cruises will be popular with folks who like small ships & don't want to fly or have a lenghty journey to pick up a ship in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• cornish girl, falmouth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    The ship MV Ambition will go on sale from 19th May,,,,,will see what itineraries,,,will it give competition to Fred Olsen?

JC
    Yes! I have now cruise with Olsen and Ambassador. i believe that Ambassador offer a similar experience to Olsen, for a lower fare.

Ambition is also a bit smaller than Ambience,

The web site has some nice promo-videos.
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 19th May 2022, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Think it will JC. Prices look much cheaper than Fred's Newcastle cruises although not a huge range to choose from, yet. Look forward to being able to cruise from the North even with a limited choice.

Nice it's with smaller ships too!
    I agree Fred - and they offer some solo supplements at 25%.

Dundee is another embarkation port.

Being nosy, a FO cruise ex Rosyth June 2023 solo inside starts at £1799 (7 nights)

Ambassador ex Dundee June 8 nights including Top Drinks Package + Tips £1302. However if DP not as important price reduces to £1089.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all

JC
    Think it will JC. Prices look much cheaper than Fred's Newcastle cruises although not a huge range to choose from, yet. Look forward to being able to cruise from the North even with a limited choice.

Nice it's with smaller ships too!

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    All live on the site now.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Hi JC, it's good news to have more options from Liverpool again I will be looking at the schedules with interest tomorrow

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X