• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘Which’ Best & Worst Cruise Lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

I accept the survey comprises of ‘Which’ readers. I have no particular allegiance to ‘Which’, apart from subscribing to their magazine and reading what I consider to be many interesting articles.. I apologise if, in your opinion and similar opinions of other forum members, the survey is verging on useless.

I have no inside knowledge of the profiles of ‘Which’ subscribers, or whether they will be attracted to sail on Iona. Personally, I am not enticed by the thought of sharing a ship with 5,200 passengers and sailing to the Fjords. Iona has many facilities and may be just the ship to attract Pand O regulars and others new to cruising.

If P and O are able to fill the ship with the offer of such a limited itinerary,, may I be one of the first to offer my congratulations.

Morning

I hope you don't feel my criticism was directed at you personally or indeed Which readers, it was certainly not intended, it was just to point out that it was in my opinion a deeply flawed piece of work

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Morning

I hope you don't feel my criticism was directed at you personally or indeed Which readers, it was certainly not intended, it was just to point out that it was in my opinion a deeply flawed piece of work

John
      I'll second that..............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
        I would never condemn a cruiseline based on one cruise.

I have had good and not so good experiences on the pretty well every cruiseline I have been on.

The differences from one ship to another of the same line can be quite wide, so I take one off reviews with a pinch of salt...............Wilba
        I would generally agree Wilba, I have tried eight cruise lines and given several a second chance after a not entirely perfect first cruise. However, sometimes the ship is fine, but the ambiance of the cruise doesn’t appeal at all. For us, Norwegian was just too casual in attitude as well as dress, and I would prefer to spend my money on cruises where I have a reasonable expectation of enjoyment.

Comment

We have enjoyed every cruise we have been on with CMV Marco Polo - yes, the ships are not ultra modern and glamorous, but the cruise experience was great on a smaller ship, which we love. NCL - big, boisterous ships with hard sell - did not like at all. P & O middle of the road and middle of the road pricing.

We have come to the conclusion that we prefer the experience on CMV over other ships. So long as you understand the ships are not ultra modern, then you will enjoy yourself.

Comment

NCL have dropped the excessive hard sell onboard as most people now have drinks and special dining included.
            we find it worse now on RCI and Celebrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

I accept the survey comprises of ‘Which’ readers. I have no particular allegiance to ‘Which’, apart from subscribing to their magazine and reading what I consider to be many interesting articles.. I apologise if, in your opinion and similar opinions of other forum members, the survey is verging on useless.

I have no inside knowledge of the profiles of ‘Which’ subscribers, or whether they will be attracted to sail on Iona. Personally, I am not enticed by the thought of sharing a ship with 5,200 passengers and sailing to the Fjords. Iona has many facilities and may be just the ship to attract Pand O regulars and others new to cruising.

If P and O are able to fill the ship with the offer of such a limited itinerary,, may I be one of the first to offer my congratulations.

This is a message for Sian, Manchester, regarding her attempt to book an October cruise on Iona. If you are looking at cruise G023 October 10-24 2020, Canaries on Iona, there are Standard Balcony Cabins available on the P and O website at Early saver prices. It would be disappointing if you missed out on booking. Apologies if this is not the cruise you have been looking at.

I was unable to use the quote button to reply to your post.
              Last edited by Blondie, Oxford; 21st December 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X