• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round The World Cruise - Arcadia - Departing January 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round The World Cruise - Arcadia - Departing January 2020

HI there, Just joined this Forum. My hubby and I are avid cruisers and have booked to go the RTW Cruise with Arcadia departing January 2020. Just wondering if anyone out there reads this whether they are booked also. We have never been with P & O before and would be grateful for a heads up on the following subjects - 1. Is it better to book a few shore excursions before we get onboard, i.e, is it cheaper or do they do special offers once onboard. 2. What sort of special offers do they do onboard, most cruise ships are offering lots of offers the day you get on 3. Would like to know a little about the internet, costs etc per day. Thanks for any information given, much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum - never been on P&O (Arcadia) or done a world cruise. Have you been on any other cruises or is this a big jump in at the deep end ? How long is your cruise ?

Comment

If you book tours once on board the cost can come out of your free On Board Spend, Shareholder Benefit etc.

We tend to wait until a couple of days before we get to a port and check the weather forecast before we book. Wouldn’t want a walking tour in pouring rain. You do run the risk of a particular tour being “full” but have never experienced it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
        If you book tours once on board the cost can come out of your free On Board Spend, Shareholder Benefit etc.

We tend to wait until a couple of days before we get to a port and check the weather forecast before we book. Wouldn’t want a walking tour in pouring rain. You do run the risk of a particular tour being “full” but have never experienced it personally.
        Haha, we did a lovely but very wet walking tour of Amsterdam last weekend!! That was Cunard and pre booked several weeks earlier at a cheaper price then booking on board so that's one thing to consider especially if there's particular places you really want to see. I'd wanted to do a tour which included visits to windmills but they were fully booked when we were on board.
        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

We did a round the world on Arcadia in 2013 , we had a wonderful time , we didn't want to get off.
          I do hope you enjoy it. This January we do the QM2 world cruise looking forward to that.
          I think Maggie Mou did a blog on the Arcadia cruise look up reviews on this site

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I did 2 world cruises on the PO Aurora, 2008 /2010 and had a wonderful time with likeminded people,you should do your homework on the trips you want to do and if there is a real favourite I would book before you go , save the rest for onboard as you can pay for these with your credit.

I had the most wonderful cruises and did visited the most amazing countries , you can take as much luggage as you can transport [cases etc can be stored in the hold, I can't comment on Arcadia as I have never sailed on her but I have sailed on all the other PO ships, and an looking forward to the new PO Iona next spring..

I wish I were in your shoes and having the world cruise to look forward to. cg
            sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X