• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to park and stay in Southampton?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to park and stay in Southampton?

Hi! I'm needing to book a park and stay hotel for when we do our cruise in Aug,could anyone recommend any that's secure and reasonably priced? I'm looking to leave my car there for 2 weeks.
    Thankyou in advance for any help
    Carina

The Holiday Inn (Herbert Walker Avenue ) is very near most terminals has secure parking as does Jury's Inn. The only thing with Jury's is that it's a rather nasty underground car-park.

Both hotels are quite nice.

Compare the prices. (The Holiday Inn includes a taxi to the port, but I'm not sure if Jury's does?)

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts | Book Hotel Rooms & Hotel Accommodation

Jurys Inn City Centre Hotels for UK & Ireland - Best Price Guarantee, Book Direct

Topcashback may give you up to 12% discount on some hotel bookings.
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 29th April 2014, 06:12 PM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I've recently booked the Grand Harbour B&B + 23 days parking + transfers to and from the port for £249 which I think is a pretty good deal.
      Jo

Comment

Thankyou very much for all the recommendations it's a big help as we haven't been to Southampton before x

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
          I've recently booked the Grand Harbour B&B + 23 days parking + transfers to and from the port for £249 which I think is a pretty good deal.
          Sounds like a good deal.....with more than 3 weeks of parking included.

Comment

Originally posted by antalismy, UK View Post
            Sounds like a good deal.....with more than 3 weeks of parking included.
            The De Vere Grand Harbor is probably the grandest of the hotels right in Southampton. The Holiday Inn is just across the road and their room rate is normally cheaper but the overall deal may not be? However is the De Vere parking secure? The Holiday Inn has barriers now.
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

There are barriers at the De Vere as well..Carol

Comment

We always stay at Cherwell Manor, just off the M23.

The hotel is agrade listed building in lovely grounds. B&B plus 14 days parking is approx £180 last time we stayed. They ferry you backwards & forwards in your own taxi at times to suit you. No Mini buses or waiting for others to join you. It makes a relaxing start to your cruise.

Comment

Hi! Had a bit of a nightmare today with regards to rooms,as my daughter will then be 12 the majority of the hotels and B&Bs state that she is classed as an adult so we will require to book 2 rooms due to health and safety reasons. However good news! I have currently found a good deal at Chilworth County Manor which will accommodate us all and in the same room! Yipee!
                  Thankyou for all your help ������

Comment

The Novotel and Ibis hotels offer barrier parking; last year a room at Ibis was a little over £50, and the parking for cruises was £5 per night. The hotel was spotless, and very well managed- but it's the usual chain type hotel, ie nothing out of the ordinary. I'd stay at either hotel again.
                    Jo.

Comment

The grand harbour is no longer a devere.

Anyway to expand this thread a bit.
                      Although we can drive(2hr M3) on the day, as we like to board early for lunch it does mean a pre 9:00am start.

To make for a more leisurely start we often have an overnight in Southampton sometime two if there are deals

With the next one being a late booking the usual Southampton suspects are either over budget or full.

Anyone any ideas for a mini pre cruise break within an hour of Southampton maybe up to 4nights 31may-4 June.
                      we could do more than one location but a base for a couple of day trips would be good.
                      couple I have considered but the OH not on side
                      Portsmouth dockyards the D-day events start on the 3rd
                      Beaulieu car museum

We could hit a few NT places

My searching has just uncovered.
                      Hurst castle has an event might be worth a look

and the Baton relay is in Southampton on the 4th needs research for traffic issues.

got a couple of weeks to find some options.

Comment

Good Morning Topdeck, you might want to look at the Beach House at Milford-on-Sea, it has stunning views of the Isle of Wight and the Needles. Hurst Castle is practically on the doorstep and Beaulieu is only a short drive away. It has recently been refurbished and has a Restaurant which is popular with locals and visitors.

Lymington, Brockenhurst, Burley are only a short drive away or Hythe where you can get the Ferry across to Southampton.

This is the link to the Hotel:

The Beach House Westover Pub Restaurant in Park Lane, Lymington
                        Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Thanks,

Looks great but at £120pn is not in the price range target is <=50 max probably £70.

Food looks well priced so maybe a lunch if we do head down before the trip.

Comment

The Premier Inn at Hordle, near Lymington are offering rooms for £59 on their web site.

Lymington Hotels | Book Hotels Near the New Forest | Premier Inn
                            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X