• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dubai & Emirates Shore Excursions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dubai & Emirates Shore Excursions

    Is anyone going on Brilliance of the Seas for their Dubai & Emirates sailings? Feedback on shore excursions would be greatly appreciated, ie., is is safe to 'do your own thing' or are the ships tours the only way to get around?

    #2
    Originally posted by cruise junkie, poole View Post
    is anyone going on brilliance of the seas for their dubai & emirates sailings? Feedback on shore excursions would be greatly appreciated, ie., is is safe to 'do your own thing' or are the ships tours the only way to get around?
    i am booked on this cruise 5th april 2010 and would also like any info regarding the ports and the ship - thanks

    Comment


      #3
      Hi, I've been on the Brilliance in the past, it's a lovely ship. We're doing the Dubai cruise in February and intend to do our own thing by buying tickets for the hop-on/hop-off tour bus. It's a good way off seeing all the sites and you get an audio tour too. This is also available in Abu Dhabi!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by kimlet65, Rotherham View Post
        We're doing the Dubai cruise in February and intend to do our own thing by buying tickets for the hop-on/hop-off tour bus. It's a good way off seeing all the sites and you get an audio tour too. This is also available in Abu Dhabi!
        We are on the 1st Feb sailing, and I looked into doing the Big Red Bus,
        as it is called, but it costs $60 per person, and only operates from
        9am to 5pm, so we decided to go with the cruise line shore excursions
        instead as they work out cheaper!

        MARK

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cruise Junkie, Poole View Post
          Is anyone going on Brilliance of the Seas for their Dubai & Emirates sailings? Feedback on shore excursions would be greatly appreciated, ie., is is safe to 'do your own thing' or are the ships tours the only way to get around?
          We are booked on the Dubai and Emirates, sailing on 5 March. I have booked trips with RCI. I know they are expensive but I am always concerned about getting back to the boat on time for departure. With an RCI booked trip, the boat will wait if there is a delay. I am also pleased to see someone from Poole as that is where I was from originally. I was on the Liberty of the seas last year and met someone from Parkstone. Small world isn't it.

          Comment


            #6
            We are sailing on the 19th April Dubai to Barcelona.
            Would aprecciate and tips on shore excursions. Also will we have time to see anything of Dubai, we arrive on the morning of 19th April and sail in the evening.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Merden, Merden View Post
              We are sailing on the 19th April Dubai to Barcelona.
              Would aprecciate and tips on shore excursions. Also will we have time to see anything of Dubai, we arrive on the morning of 19th April and sail in the evening.
              If you want to see Dubai, and it's probably a good idea after travelling all that distance, why not go a few days earlier and enjoy it.
              Wilba

              Comment


                #8

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Cruise Junkie, Poole View Post
                  Is anyone going on Brilliance of the Seas for their Dubai & Emirates sailings? Feedback on shore excursions would be greatly appreciated, ie., is is safe to 'do your own thing' or are the ships tours the only way to get around?
                  You will have no problems there - the locals are fine. It will certainly be safer than wandering around Poole Quay on a Saturday night!

                  Comment


                    #10

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Paradise Found, Carnforth View Post
                      We are on the 1st Feb sailing, and I looked into doing the Big Red Bus,
                      as it is called, but it costs $60 per person, and only operates from
                      9am to 5pm, so we decided to go with the cruise line shore excursions
                      instead as they work out cheaper!

                      MARK
                      Think you can get tickets on Viator.com for 38 euros but its not much of a saving on $60

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by paula, keshcarrigan View Post
                        i am booked on this cruise 5th april 2010 and would also like any info regarding the ports and the ship - thanks
                        You can do some research for the ports at www.viator.com, www.tripadvisor.com and also www.virtualtourist.com. These are pretty good websites with traveller reviews. I am sailing on 15th Feb so will post my experiences on my return.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          cruised round the Middle East last January, used GulfLeisure in Muscat and had an excellent day with a young local, visited more than the ships tour.
                          Booked a 4x4 dune safari with Sunflower Tours again good fun and cheaper than ship. Booked both over the internet and phone before travelling. Taxis were easily available at dock gates but drivers gave a little hassle, agree the price before you set off. Took a taxi in Abu Dhabi you spend as long as you want at each place visited, we were dropped at a shopping mall but only spent about 5 mins there as we didn't want to shop in European style shops. We isited Bahrain on the Friday and very little open but wandered round the markets.
                          Hope this helps

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Leaper, Eastbourne View Post
                            You will have no problems there - the locals are fine. It will certainly be safer than wandering around Poole Quay on a Saturday night!
                            I'm a solo traveller - would it be OK for me to venture out on my own? Thanks.
                            2018-
                            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

                            2019 -
                            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

                            2020 -
                            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                            Magellan - Panama Canal

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
                              I'm a solo traveller - would it be OK for me to venture out on my own? Thanks.
                              I would feel safer here than many of the Med ports and a lot safer than some of the towns in Britain

                              Here is a review I wrote from Feb this year

                              http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revie..._review_27679/
                              Wilba

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X