• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help re: Port Rashid, Dubai please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help re: Port Rashid, Dubai please

I'm hoping someone can answer my question re Port Rashid, Dubai;
    I am planning to do a tour with North Tours, who say they will pickup at the port gate. How do I get from the ship to the port gate and how long will it take me?
    Thanks for your help
    Jennybee

Jenny which cruise line are you going with? As I recall most of them can provide a shuttle bus service from the ship to the port gates, there may be service charge on this but if it is a long way it might be worth it.

Update:- Here is an extract from a Dubai website which might be of interest

"Dubai is fast becoming a major port of call for all the luxury cruise liners. The cruise terminal opened in 2001 at Port Rashid and is able to handle 2 luxury liners simultaneously. With over 282 hotels and 91 airlines connecting to over 130 destinations the cruise industry in Dubai now entices many passengers to fly in for a 4 day break then take a luxury cruise. The cruises available vary from short 7 day cruises to Bahrain, to 60 day world cruises. The terminal itself has up to date facilities with special electric golf cart's to transport families with children or those physically challenged. In depth research has been carried out by the Dubai Tourist Board and the cruise terminal is designed with easy immigration, a professional ground handling crew and an infrastructure that ensures your time in Dubai is a pleasure and not a burden."
    Last edited by trevor432990, East Sussex; 5th November 2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennybee, Barrow View Post
      I'm hoping someone can answer my question re Port Rashid, Dubai;
      I am planning to do a tour with North Tours, who say they will pickup at the port gate. How do I get from the ship to the port gate and how long will it take me?
      Thanks for your help
      Jennybee
      I have cruised from Dubai twice in the last 18 months and I'm quite surprised that the tour company is picking you up at the port gate, which is a fair old trek.

On both occasions we have cruised there, the last time being 6 months ago, taxi's, coaches, Big Bus Co and shuttles were queuing outside the terminal.

I would double check with them as it is not a distance I would want to walk from ship to port gate..........Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

good one

wilba
        Good info frm you
        sigpicRob
        Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.