• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching the ships go through.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the ships go through.

I should have thought of this before....
    I've just put the Panama Canal on to shipsmaps AIS, and saw that Celebrity Infinity, and Crystal Symphony were nearing the Miraflores locks, so I switched over to the web cams for the locks...and I've watched as both ships reached the locks together, and sank slowly, side by side...to the next level.
    Fascinating!
    Jo.
    Jo.

watched also but mentioned on Cyber Bar by mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by homer, aberdeen View Post
      watched also but mentioned on Cyber Bar by mistake!
      Glad you did homer, if you had'nt I would'nt have seen it myself - cheers mate.
      sigpic
      Cruisings Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Barrowman, Bedford View Post
        Glad you did homer, if you had'nt I would'nt have seen it myself - cheers mate.

My pleasure!

Also watch live Air Traffic (sad innit.... but local is now very posh restuarant and nothing else to do in an evening!)

Comment

Originally posted by homer, aberdeen View Post
          My pleasure!

Also watch live Air Traffic (sad innit.... but local is now very posh restuarant and nothing else to do in an evening!)
          If it is, I'm sad as well Homer, I have the canal open in another tab and keep going back there to watch.

The Hapag Lloyd container ship 'Humboldt Express' is just transiting the lock at this time......
          sigpic
          Cruisings Cool

Comment

I went through Panama with a Hapag Lloyd ship in the convoy, and I always wave when I get to the lock, and tell my family to switch on but they have never caught me on camera yet.CG
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip Homer. It all dark at the moment but I shall keep it on 'favourites'.

Must pass it on to my daughter who was fascinated watching a Princess ship going through a couple of years ago. She was supposed to be looking out for us waving in a port dockside on the Grand's webcam but got distracted and missed us.:D:D

Comment

Apparantly we were spotted by family on the webcams when went through on the NCL Sun a few years ago...

Must admit it was spectacular enough going through with the cargo ships, but another cruise ship would be amazing ...

Comment

The Island Princess is moored off Amador right now (Sun 14th 3pm.), waiting to head to the Miraflores. I see that she's been doing canal cruises most of the season.
                  Jo.
                  Last edited by Jocap, Cumbria; 14th November 2010, 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
                  Jo.

Comment

It looks like Island Princess is waiting at Gatun right now.
                    Jo.
                    Jo.

Comment

...and Oceana through Miraflores!
                      Jo.
                      Jo.

Comment

I dont know which one of us is worse at the moment Jo - I keep having a quick look every 30 minutes or so......
                        sigpic
                        Cruisings Cool

Comment

[QUOTE=Barrowman, Bedford;170049].
                          I dont know which one of us is worse at the moment Jo - I keep having a quick look every 30 minutes or so......[/QUOTE
                          I know!!!Statendam is heading for Miraflores now, and NCL Jewel and an Aida are docked at Colon....is that the place they visit before the transit?
                          I suppose they'll have to wait their turn....
                          When the newly named NCL Jade came across from Hawaii to Europe, we heard that she paid the highest price of any ship to transit.
                          Jo.
                          Jo.

Comment

Anyone interested the crane 'Titan' is just passing through the Panama Canal at this time 22.10.
                            sigpic
                            Cruisings Cool

Comment

I've got these two set up on favorites

Ship AI ... Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions

live air traffic .. Watch Air Traffic - LIVE!

I'm the same as Homer fascinated by them, is that your air traffic link Homer?

Anyboby got the webcams link as I'd love to see the Panama lock?

Pete
                              Pete

sigpic
                              If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X