• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Steve,

One thing you may not want to miss is the sail in, up the Tagus, which is pretty special. If you set your alarm clock for 0600 or 0630 and then go up on deck you'll have a panoramic view. (A window or balcony wouldn't give you the best view as you need to be able to see both banks of the river and the city ahead.) On the way you'll pass several of the major tourist sights - the Belem Tower, the Monument to Henry the Navigator, 'the humming bridge' (you'll appreciate why I use that term when you've sailed under it) and the Statue of Christ. A pair of binoculars would come in handy. We've sailed into Lisbon on several occasions and wouldn't miss this part of the visit. (We've also spent a couple of very long weekends exploring the city in more depth.) As Neil said, there's a huge amount to see and, unfortunately, a few hours wouldn't even scratch the surface.

Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by rl1steve, Hessle View Post
      We are in Lisbon for one day and can't decide between Sintra and Cascais or Lobidos. Any suggestions please.
      We went on ship your to sintra and cascais. Just about right length of time in Sintra but Cascais was a a little on short side. Enjoyable trip though, the drive through the cork woods was also great.

Comment

Great photos Lizzie. I love that wavy design - I took many photos of the patterns in Lisbon last October.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X