• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Coruna to Santiago de Compostela

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the blogs and threads that I have read they mention that this is a high activity level excursion. Is it such a strenuous trip that someone with heart problems and severe arthritis should give it a miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Exdabtoe, Galston View Post
      In the blogs and threads that I have read they mention that this is a high activity level excursion. Is it such a strenuous trip that someone with heart problems and severe arthritis should give it a miss?
      Hi Exdabtoe
      I did Santiago in April on P&O,although the from Vigo.
      I did the 'Santiago on your own' excursion,,it was a 5 hr trip,,,2 hrs on your own in Santiago.
      The guide leaves you in the square outside the Cathedral,,your time is your own to do as much or less as you want..
      There is small side streets of the square full of tapas bars and shops,,,mostly flat.

There is a Parador in the square,clean toilets and good for a cuppa!!The Parador itself is worth a look around.

There are some cobbles and a few steps in and around the Cathedral.....not to bad doing them at your own pace.

One thing to think about,,,its about a 15 min walk from the coach park to the Cathedral,,,again if you are on your own,take it at your own pace,,,,you meet back in the square to go back to the coach.

The Cathedral is amazing!!
      JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Thanks JC, I reckon we will give a try. Oh! and by the way you were right about Liverpool being a good run ashore, we had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Exdabtoe, Galston View Post
          Judith, hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, however we would be grateful if would let us know how your older kin managed the steps and inclines at Santiago. We would like to do the same tour in November because like your Father in Law I have always wanted to visit Santiago but as we both have dicky tickers we have to be a bit careful.
          They managed OK. They are both in their 80s but fairly mobile although Dad has had a triple bypass and Mum had a stroke some years ago. If your oldies take their time they'll be fine. The cathedral is packed in the morning, but when we returned after lunch it was much quieter. The shops are an absolute rip off! I hope you e joy your trip. Judith

Comment

Thank you Judith.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
              They managed OK. They are both in their 80s but fairly mobile although Dad has had a triple bypass and Mum had a stroke some years ago. If your oldies take their time they'll be fine. The cathedral is packed in the morning, but when we returned after lunch it was much quieter. The shops are an absolute rip off! I hope you e joy your trip. Judith
              Hi Judith.
              I bought a lovely Rosary for my granddaughter,similar to this one,i'll keep hold of it for a few years until her First Communion.
              Its a St James rosary,with the St James crest on the Clam-shell,unique to Santiago de la Compostela.

Less than 10e in the shops,,,of course you could have paid 100e for one.

JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X