• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Coruna to Santiago de Compostela

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Coruna to Santiago de Compostela

Has anyone done this trip, please? It's a full day trip with lunch and is priced at around £100. Father-in-law has wanted to do this trip for a while, mum-in-law can't walk far. What do you think? Judith

Then the best way is to take the ship's excursion.

La Coruna has the distance advantage over Vigo by about 20 minutes for this well worthwhile visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
      Then the best way is to take the ship's excursion.

La Coruna has the distance advantage over Vigo by about 20 minutes for this well worthwhile visit.
      Thanks Richard. I think we'll do that.

Comment

Yes, we've done this ship's visit from La Coruna, and it was wonderful- it wasn't with lunch, but had a great coffee stop at the Parador in Cathedral Square, in the old hospital forming one side of the square- a treat in itself. There is a walk from the parking at the bus station- G says he thinks it would be as much as 1/4 of a mile- absolutely no problem for anyone with no walking problems, but it might be a little strenuous otherwise, as it's partly uphill. There were quite a few people on our tour who sat down on the low walls in the square, as you cover 4 squares as well as the massive cathedral.
        I don't know if taking a taxi for all of you might be easier? It was a tiring day, but one of the best guide -led days we've had. If you keep stopping and sitting down it might work?
        Jo.

Comment

I think we'll let the guys do the walking and Mum and I will take an easier option. Transport will probably be by mini bus as Seabourn excursions usually only have a few participants. It's probably the only trip we'll do, as every where else is easy to DIY. It is something Dad has wanted to do for years, and he was talking about investigating if it was possible by train. We're treating them to the holiday, so I think a bit of pampering is in order. Judith

Comment

Perhaps the minibus will be able to drop you off near the pedestrian streets- then it's not far to walk to the main square. It really isn't to be missed. We thought of doing it on our own, but we're so glad that we went with the guided tour. You can sit in the squares and watch the pilgrims arriving after their long walks....our friend leaves to walk almost 1,000 miles of the pilgrim's way after Easter.
            There are public loos near the main square, BTW....go past the Parador, and they're next to the police station. They were OK, too!
            Jo.

Comment

You know me so well Jo! Loos tend to be a priority these days! Having worked out the cost ($144pp) less the 10% loyalty discount, less the $200 onboard spend, it looks like a reasonable cost. A treat for F-i-l too!

Comment

We did a ships tour from Vigo to Santiago de Compostela which was only a half day tour. It wasn't long enough to see more than the Cathedral and the bus was about 90 minutes late arriving back at the port. I would like to go again on condition it was all day. Too rushed and not worth the money for a few hours. You will enjoy it as you'll have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by supergran, neyland View Post
                  We did a ships tour from Vigo to Santiago de Compostela which was only a half day tour. It wasn't long enough to see more than the Cathedral and the bus was about 90 minutes late arriving back at the port. I would like to go again on condition it was all day. Too rushed and not worth the money for a few hours. You will enjoy it as you'll have more time.
                  Hi.

I was in La Coruna last year in Queen Victoria cruise and we did a panoramic tour with Hercules Tours, a local travel agency. I think they do full day tours also. Very good service.

Comment

Originally posted by cruises lover, southampton View Post
                    Hi.

I was in La Coruna last year in Queen Victoria cruise and we did a panoramic tour with Hercules Tours, a local travel agency. I think they do full day tours also. Very good service.
                    Spamming again?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                      Spamming again?
                      Oh yes, another sneaky post!!
                      Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                        Oh yes, another sneaky post!!
                        Got to give them credit Lizzie.

Covert or what!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                          Got to give them credit Lizzie.

Covert or what!!!!
                          They're even reviving threads nine months old!

Comment

Judith- I never heard how your in laws got on- did they manage to walk around?
                            Jo.

Comment

Judith, hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, however we would be grateful if would let us know how your older kin managed the steps and inclines at Santiago. We would like to do the same tour in November because like your Father in Law I have always wanted to visit Santiago but as we both have dicky tickers we have to be a bit careful.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X