• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iceland's Blue Lagoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iceland's Blue Lagoon

This is another shore excursion that can be done easily in a day from the port of Reykjavik but in our case, it was taken during the second day of our long weekend break in Iceland. For day two, we chose to take things a little easier and opted to visit the Blue Lagoon. Again everything was booked before we left the UK and the price also included transfers which was a coach service run by Reykjavik Excursions and organised by the Blue Lagoon themselves as part of a package.

It's a 45-50 minute drive from Reykjavik to Grindavík which is where the Blue Lagoon is located. We arrived about 11:45 and checked in having purchased Premium Tickets which provided us with such things as complimentary bathrobes, towels and flip-flops. It also enabled you to a free drink at the bar which is located in the pool area itself.

Granted it's a bit on the commercial side and its also not the cheapest thing to do while in Iceland but we considered it something we couldn't let pass while we were here.
    Once changed and showered we were soon in the lovely hot water where we ended up spending the next 3 hours. Complimentary Silica and Algae masks were also part of the package and the three male members of our group duly obliged the ladies so that they didn't feel like the odd ones out and fortunately for me, there are no photos to record the event.

I had a whimsical notion that someone would ask me for ID at the bar to prove my age during my next visit but alas it didn't happen as apparently, I do still really look my age!

It was a great way to relax after the Golden Circle Tour we did the previous day and it's another thing I can tick off my bucket list.

www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

3 hours!!! You must have been worse than prune like when you got out.

Great photos though, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Diva18, UK View Post
      3 hours!!! You must have been worse than prune like when you got out.

Great photos though, thanks for sharing.
      My hands were like prunes . I have never been in the water for that long my entire life and it will probably never happen again either.

It was a funny situation where nobody from our group wanted to be the first to get out. It was made all the easier because the water was lovely and warm and never got cold like a bath does.

We had to put loads of conditioner in our hair before hand to stop it going like straw but all this did was give me the Boris Johnson look after it had dried later on.
      www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Fab photos, This is definitely on my bucket list now, It looks like a great way to spend a couple of hours (or 3!) I bet your skin and body felt invigorated when you came out. Jan.

Comment

Fantastic photos and review. What an imaginative way to spend a long weekend. Thank you so much for sharing. Beryl

Comment

Great photos as usual Wansbrough. That is one part of the world we would love to see one day as everyone we know who has been there raves about it.

Take care, Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X