• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwegian Fjords - Silhouette Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Norwegian Fjords - Silhouette Review

    Hi All

    IIRC I posted a link to this vlogger's review of Silhouette last year.

    Below is a link to his review of Fjords cruise.

    I like his style no drama.

    Interesting observations (in part)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM0ib19yKj0

    Annie

    #2
    I enjoyed that, and yes, Annie, his style is excellent.

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Annie. Very interesting. Our last cruise was on Silhouette in Sept.2019. We're due to be on Reflection in just over 5 weeks, Covid and BA permitting!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
        Thanks Annie. Very interesting. Our last cruise was on Silhouette in Sept.2019. We're due to be on Reflection in just over 5 weeks, Covid and BA permitting!
        Hi Peter

        The Reflection is the largest of the Solstice Class?? It has an extra passenger deck?? I wonder if that impacts on the Celebrity experience.

        It will be interesting to read your thoughts. If you read any of the threads in the other place. you will read the concerns of many US cruisers contracting Covid and unable to return to the USA on their scheduled flights because of quarantine regulations.

        Enjoy your cruise.

        Annie

        Comment


          #5
          It was very good Annie. Silhouette is our favourite ship and it would be wonderful to sail on her again. No doubt we will wait that bit longer to book something and hopefully by then staffing levels will be back to normal.

          Take care. Helen🛳

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

            Hi Peter

            The Reflection is the largest of the Solstice Class?? It has an extra passenger deck?? I wonder if that impacts on the Celebrity experience.

            It will be interesting to read your thoughts. If you read any of the threads in the other place. you will read the concerns of many US cruisers contracting Covid and unable to return to the USA on their scheduled flights because of quarantine regulations.

            Enjoy your cruise.

            Annie
            Hi Annie,

            Yes, Reflection is a little larger than the rest, but having sailed on her 3 times before as well as all the other S class ships, I'd be hard pressed to tell one from another in terms of space, facilities, service etc. We've always come home with few complaints about any of them, which is why we stick to Celebrity. Prior to our first "X" cruise, we had stayed faithful to Princess, but Celebrity is better in our view.

            I don't visit "the other place", so not sure what you mean about the Americans. Are you saying they're not booking because of the fear of being unable to get home if they catch Covid?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

              Hi Annie,

              Yes, Reflection is a little larger than the rest, but having sailed on her 3 times before as well as all the other S class ships, I'd be hard pressed to tell one from another in terms of space, facilities, service etc. We've always come home with few complaints about any of them, which is why we stick to Celebrity. Prior to our first "X" cruise, we had stayed faithful to Princess, but Celebrity is better in our view.

              I don't visit "the other place", so not sure what you mean about the Americans. Are you saying they're not booking because of the fear of being unable to get home if they catch Covid?
              Some are cancelling their cruises because of the covid restrictions in Europe and wef from 1st May for US cruisers, very little assistance from Celebrity it is reported.

              Annie

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                Some are cancelling their cruises because of the covid restrictions in Europe and wef from 1st May for US cruisers, very little assistance from Celebrity it is reported.

                Annie
                Just had a quick look. Seems that they don't fancy having to quarantine in Italy. Neither do I if it comes to that!

                Comment


                  #9
                  We have always enjoyed Celebrity, and have had many great cruises, our last was a disappointment, no table service in Cellar Masters and the main show times were changed and didn't work for us, we used to enjoy a glass of wine, early show and then a quiet dinner in Blu, none of which worked on our last trip.

                  John

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                    Some are cancelling their cruises because of the covid restrictions in Europe and wef from 1st May for US cruisers, very little assistance from Celebrity it is reported.

                    Annie
                    They need to get on ships sailing from the UK, no quarantine here just can't fly home till they go negative.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Judging by how prices have risen for our cruise since we booked, they mustn't be having any trouble filling it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                        Judging by how prices have risen for our cruise since we booked, they mustn't be having any trouble filling it.
                        And yet they are introducing Cruise Only fares?? Possibly only on some itineraries and to match the pricing models of some of their competitors??

                        Annie

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                          And yet they are introducing Cruise Only fares?? Possibly only on some itineraries and to match the pricing models of some of their competitors??

                          Annie
                          Vacations to go are selling our cruise on a cruise only basis. For an extra £500 we are getting,flights drinks, tips, wi- fi and OBC. Knowing what our bar bills are usually like, I feel quite happy with our deal.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

                            Vacations to go are selling our cruise on a cruise only basis. For an extra £500 we are getting,flights drinks, tips, wi- fi and OBC. Knowing what our bar bills are usually like, I feel quite happy with our deal.
                            Hi Peter
                            Exactly,,,..they will bottom load the cruise only so people think it’s a great deal for AI.

                            The invoice for my cruise on Silhouette 3 weeks ago was for £52…£40 of that was for shuttle buses.
                            If I was cruise only it would have been £1052…at least.

                            JC

                            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I used to love Celebrity having done two transatlantics on Eclipse a few years ago which apart from the disembarcation fiasco in the USA each time were great. However cruising Australia & New Zealand on Solstice really put me off. The food in the restaurant was nowhere near the standard of Eclipse neither was the restaurant service. We ate most of the time in the buffet which wasn't as good as Eclipse but at least fish was freshly cooked to order and there was a much better choice of food. We also liked the peace & tranquility in the buffet, the main restaurant was totally frenetic!
                              Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 21st May 2022, 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X