• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norway Foreign Office advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway Foreign Office advise

the FCO is advising against travel to Norway. Al I reading this right? It says until December 2020!

That puts a lot of cruises in jeopardy.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/norway
    Past cruises:
    Carnival Conquest October 2002
    Independence of the Seas October 2012
    Independence of the Seas May 2014
    Explorer of the Seas June 2015
    Norwegian Escape October 2015

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
    the FCO is advising against travel to Norway. Al I reading this right? It says until December 2020!

That puts a lot of cruises in jeopardy.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/norway
    I thought the new restrictions last for 1 month?? Of course they can be reviewed again.

Annie

Comment

Aurora will be back tomorrow..our friends have been given a full refund and £400 OBC to spend.

Garf.

Comment

The statement about information being valid to 31 December 2020 is, I think, a more general statement that appears on these EU/EEA travel advice pages. I think it means that a lot of the information on the page remains relevant up to the end of the Brexit transition period. I don't think the page is set out well, as it is easy to assume that the date applies to the coronavirus advice. I think the specifics about coronavirus are separate and it would have been better to lay out the page in a different way to make that much clearer!

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
          The statement about information being valid to 31 December 2020 is, I think, a more general statement that appears on these EU/EEA travel advice pages. I think it means that a lot of the information on the page remains relevant up to the end of the Brexit transition period. I don't think the page is set out well, as it is easy to assume that the date applies to the coronavirus advice. I think the specifics about coronavirus are separate and it would have been better to lay out the page in a different way to make that much clearer!
          Thank you Sandra. Someone else said that on the original article I read. Welcome to the forum by the way! Great first post interacting and answering a question. Please stick around and join in x
          Past cruises:
          Carnival Conquest October 2002
          Independence of the Seas October 2012
          Independence of the Seas May 2014
          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
          Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

• sandraggg, Newcastle
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much for your welcome and your kind words! I have enjoyed reading forum posts for a very long time now and have finally decided to join!

Not a good start to Iona's first season. What a shame.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X