• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwegian Fjords Itinerary Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
    It is sad to miss Geiranger, but the train from Andalsnes is more spectacular than Flam in my opinion. Missing Geiranger on a fijordd cruise is a major change in itinerary.
    Thanks for that advice. I've been looking at that so nice to get confirmation from you about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry, Hastings View Post

I was thinking of the Marella ships used for the UK market which are older vessels.

The Schiff ships have been built to be more environmentally friendly so may meet the new requirements.

That could be the reason. Am still waiting to find out from Tui!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Thanks for that advice. I've been looking at that so nice to get confirmation from you about it.
        DId you book the train through a cruise excursion or from the tourist information office/railway station? Been looking at the rail website & it's difficult to find out prices so far ahead. Might be better to wait & see what happens on the cruise. Who knows they may change this port too!

Comment

Have not read through all the posts so don’t know if this has been mentioned in regards to Flam.

Port Flam limits cruise passengers' capacity to max 5,000 (in port at once).

Hence reason P&O’s new ship Iona capacity 5,000, which is mainly concentrating on cruises to the Fjords over at least the next two years, has cut out Flam from its schedules.

Thankfully it is still scheduled to stop at Geiranger my favourite Norway port.
          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 14th January 2020, 10:53 AM.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Update

No joy from Marella & it's been a nightmare trying to contact them. No availablility on webchat, constantly busy same as the telephone lines, gave up after 20 minutes. went into the local Tui shop which has considerably downsized, tiny now with a burea de change, 2 attended desks & an unattended reception desk. People queue for a few minutes then give up, I did too. No brochures are now being displayed.

I eventually emailed and got a response advising me that the itinerary is as contained in the cruise brochure & hasn't been changed! Also say that they can change the ports at their discretion which they say is in the brochure. I didn't have a brochure as mentioned above our downsized Tui shop doesn't have them now! I booked using information from their website and have looked today but can't see anything relating to this.

They gave no information about the reason the ports have been changed as they are saying that they haven't, the current itinerary is the one in the brochure! Heads banging against brick walls come to mind.

I normally have a brochure & tear out the cruise/holiday details & the terms & conditions to take with me. Lesson learned just in case it happens again. It will definitely put me off booking with Marella again.

In addition the booking isn't showing on the Tui website, well I can't access it & asked why. They tell me it's because I booked through a third party. Spoke to the cruise agent I booked with & explained that I can't access the booking on Tui website. They are dealing with Tui now to sort the problem out.

Have to say I'm not impressed with Tui who have been difficult to contact & less than helpful when I managed to. Glad I booked via a cruise agent, they are being very helpful!
            Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 15th January 2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
              Have not read through all the posts so don’t know if this has been mentioned in regards to Flam.

Port Flam limits cruise passengers' capacity to max 5,000 (in port at once).

Hence reason P&O’s new ship Iona capacity 5,000, which is mainly concentrating on cruises to the Fjords over at least the next two years, has cut out Flam from its schedules.

Thankfully it is still scheduled to stop at Geiranger my favourite Norway port.
              Don't think there were any other ships due to visit Flam on 8 June 2020. It's possibly the cost!

I'm not too bothered about Flam but it would have been nice to see Geiranger.

Hope you enjoy the cruise and can post some good photos for us.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X