• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC OPERA Norwegien Fjordds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
    WOW , A real MSC fan club.

I make it, including myself, a quorum of five. I had thought for a long time that I stood alone, and often had to put on my tin hat and repair to the bomb shelter whilst the slings and arrows were hurled at MSC.

Now it's going to be interesting to see who is first to get a gold card , and the 20% discount that goes with it.

A warm welcome to the MSC fan club to meggiemoo

I wonder if Smith7 will be joining in Oct.?? Hopefully
    is that not black card Pete?
    surely you are well on your way there with 7 cruises x 7 nights and say 200$ on board spend - that's 63 points - so 2/3rds wat there are we?

Comment

WOW , A real MSC fan club.

I make it, including myself, a quorum of five. I had thought for a long time that I stood alone, and often had to put on my tin hat and repair to the bomb shelter whilst the slings and arrows were hurled at MSC.

Now it's going to be interesting to see who is first to get a gold card , and the 20% discount that goes with it.

A warm welcome to the MSC fan club to meggiemoo

I wonder if Smith7 will be joining in Oct.?? Hopefully
      Now, Now, Don't go too overboard, theres only 5 of us at the moment !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomvet, limerick, roi View Post
        is that not black card Pete?
        surely you are well on your way there with 7 cruises x 7 nights and say 200$ on board spend - that's 63 points - so 2/3rds wat there are we?
        You're so right i did mean to say BLACK card. you're also nearly correct saying that it's 63 points but you forgot the 7 bonus points we got for joining (on-line, for some reason it had to be on line) in the early days of the club so that's (7 x 7) + 7 plus spending points giving a grand total of 69.

Funnily enough my OH has more points , not because she spends more but because in the early days you only got the discount you had earned as an individual, whereas now you get the discount applicable to the higher rate of the two guests in the cabin.
        So in the initial days it was wise to alternate whose CC the spend was put on. If I'd have had all the spend on my card I would by now have had 87 points
        Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 2nd June 2012, 02:54 PM.
        Pete

sigpic
        If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by Rustynails, Wimborne View Post
          Now, Now, Don't go too overboard, theres only 5 of us at the moment !!!!!
          Why not ?? It's a 500% improvement on what I though was the size of the declared membership, (ie myself), and anything growing at that rate in these present climes is worth celebrating
          Pete

sigpic

Comment

You're so right i did mean to say BLACK card. you're also nearly correct saying that it's 63 points but you forgot the 7 bonus points we got for joining (on-line, for some reason it had to be on line) in the early days of the club so that's (7 x 7) + 7 plus spending points giving a grand total of 69.

Funnily enough my OH has more points , not because she spends more but because in the early days you only got the discount you had earned as an individual, whereas now you get the discount applicable to the higher rate of the two guests in the cabin.
            So in the initial days it was wise to alternate whose CC the spend was put on. If I'd have had all the spend on my card I would by now have had 84 points
            Does the 7 point online bonus still apply - if so, I would be silver by August - that's 8% discount!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomvet, limerick, roi View Post
              Does the 7 point online bonus still apply - if so, I would be silver by August - that's 8% discount!!!
              As far as i know they stopped the bonus points a couple of years ago
              Pete

sigpic

Comment

As far as i know they stopped the bonus points a couple of years ago

Baldricks!

Comment

help on this please

i put a review up and when i went on it today this was underneath it
                  not sure who he is or what he is trying to say
                  has this happened to anyone else

Comment by Greenwood, Maldon (03 Jun 12 21:09) about this REVIEW Food .... All food was good, we ate in the resturant most of the time = 3 stars = Good .......................... Entertainment .... most of entertainmrnt we say was good = 3 stars = Good ........................................ Shore Excursions .... good trip in Flom as we did the railway = 3 stars = Good ...................................... Staff .... Danielle and marcello the waiter in the bar were excellent = 5 stars = Excellent ...................... Onboard Activities ... there was a good choice for everyone = 3 stars = Good ....................................... Cabins ... our cabin was lovely, but neat time we would have an outside cabin = 4 stars = Very Good .. A GOOD example of how to make a average 3 star MSC Cruise into a glowing 5 STAR.

i then replied
                  Sorry but not sure where you are coming from with this !!! i did not think this was an AVERAGE 3 star cruise but yes a 5 star cruise, which is why i gave it 5* we all have our own opinion and i do not like the way you are saying i do not know how to rate this i put good because it was i would have put execellent on them all if i thought someone was going to dissect it the way you have MSC were fantastic for us on our trip and will go with them again

any idea what he on about please

Report this comment

Comment

Hi Meggiemoo, I suggest you ignore the comments, which were clearly meant to be provocative, you enjoyed it, frankly that is all that matters!

Sadly, you are not the first and will not be the last to have such comments in response to your review, 'they are out there' & Forums etc attract them.
                    Lizzie sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X