• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bruges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruges

has anyone done a shore excursion to Bruges with celebrity

Originally posted by squiddy, Lincoln View Post
    has anyone done a shore excursion to Bruges with celebrity
    It's so simple to do it yourself on the little train.
    They normally shuttle bus you to Blankenburge train station from there it's a 15/20 minute train journey and then a 10 minute walk into the main square..........Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Ooh, those Belgian chocolates in Bruges...

*Does Homer Simpson drooling noise*

Comment

Been 3 times with P&O going again in November, is your question relevant to Celebrity or Bruges....and what is the question?
        Cruised on :
        P&O Azura,(1),+naming ceremony overnighter Arcadia(x3) Aurora (x3), Oceana, Oriana, Ventura (x2) , Celebrity Equinox, To come: Oriana May 2012
        Ship Visits:
        P&O Artemis, RCI Independence of the seas., HAL Prinsendam and
        Cunard QueenMary2
        (have photos of them all 'pm' me for album link)

Comment

chocolate shop in Bruges
          Cruised on :
          P&O Azura,(1),+naming ceremony overnighter Arcadia(x3) Aurora (x3), Oceana, Oriana, Ventura (x2) , Celebrity Equinox, To come: Oriana May 2012
          Ship Visits:
          P&O Artemis, RCI Independence of the seas., HAL Prinsendam and
          Cunard QueenMary2
          (have photos of them all 'pm' me for album link)

Comment

Originally posted by Libralass, Nr Bath UK View Post
            Been 3 times with P&O going again in November, is your question relevant to Celebrity or Bruges....and what is the question?
            I have heard of cruise topping but Bruges topping that is sad
            Any advance on three times? ;) :D

Comment

oh okay then

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
              I have heard of cruise topping but Bruges topping that is sad
              Any advance on three times? ;) :D
              I'll be there in May, it'll be my 4th visit! not going because Brugges is on the itinery, just happened that way!
              Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Hi squiddy, I haven't been on any shore excursions but I can say that the train services in Belgium are excellent. It's a doddle to do the whole coast of Belgium on the little train and the service to and from Bruges is great. Just don't do what I did and leave your OH on the platform when the doors are closing!

Liberlass, why did you have to post that pic? There's nothing to beat Belgian chocolate. I've had no chocolate for months and I want it NOW!

Comment

The worst mistake we made when we called at Bruges was having taken a taxi ride into Bruges, decided to get the train back and bought a ticket to Zebrugge (as this is where the ships port). Big mistake, it was in a desolate and remote area, no taxis, walked for miles before hailing down a tour coach to get us back on the ship. We completely forgot about Blankenburg and thought we were doing the right thing by going back to Zebrugge.

It was 10 years ago though and I wonder if this is still the case? Is Zebrugge train station still desolate?

Comment

We have shared a taxi in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
                      I'll be there in May, it'll be my 4th visit! not going because Brugges is on the itinery, just happened that way!
                      Only been three times. But next time I am going to buy the biggest box of chocs. for Bosscat. It hurts me so much to read the pain she is suffering. But seeing as you are going sooner Helen, have one for both of us! Just one mind you! Carol ;)
                      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by the mumfords, Nr. rotherham View Post
                        Only been three times. But next time I am going to buy the biggest box of chocs. for Bosscat. It hurts me so much to read the pain she is suffering. But seeing as you are going sooner Helen, have one for both of us! Just one mind you! Carol ;)
                        Unlikely Carol, didn't you know chocolate is addictive?;)

Comment

Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
                          Unlikely Carol, didn't you know chocolate is addictive?;)
                          No! I didnt know. Could be thats why I am regretting sending the boxes of chocs. to my two grandkids? They are too old now for eggs. (But I'm not) I'm a very good grandma sometimes, but I'll fight with them for the chocolate! Carol :p:p:p
                          Last edited by Calgray, Yorkshire; 5th April 2010, 06:13 PM.
                          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X