• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A circumnavigation of Britain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A circumnavigation of Britain

    I've just returned from 11 nights on Boudicca circling Britain, something I've wanted to do for some time. Fred's ships are perfect for this as they can get into smaller ports of call. I've written a review which also includes some information on ports of call. I won't copy the whole review into a thread as it is quite lengthy but there is a link below if anyone is interested. Ports of call were as follows :

    Falmouth
    Milford Haven
    Liverpool
    Kirkwall
    Invergordon
    Rosyth (for Edinburgh)
    Port of Tyne (for Newcastle)

    www.CRUISE.co.uk | Floral Bri... by History addict, Alfreton
    Cruising my way through life!

    Sue

    #2
    Originally posted by History Addict, Alfreton View Post
    I've just returned from 11 nights on Boudicca circling Britain, something I've wanted to do for some time. Fred's ships are perfect for this as they can get into smaller ports of call. I've written a review which also includes some information on ports of call. I won't copy the whole review into a thread as it is quite lengthy but there is a link below if anyone is interested. Ports of call were as follows :

    Falmouth
    Milford Haven
    Liverpool
    Kirkwall
    Invergordon
    Rosyth (for Edinburgh)
    Port of Tyne (for Newcastle)

    www.CRUISE.co.uk | Floral Bri... by History addict, Alfreton
    Thanks for a very interesting review. I read it earlier this morning on the main review page.

    I've enjoyed some great cruises on Fred's ships. Pleased to read you also had an enjoyable cruise.

    Comment


      #3
      Interesting review, thanks. I have only had one experience of Fred Olsen, but would only go back for a really good solo deal.

      At least you got your noise problem sorted out easily, which is heartening.
      2018-
      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

      2019 -
      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

      2020 -
      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
      Magellan - Panama Canal

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
        Interesting review, thanks. I have only had one experience of Fred Olsen, but would only go back for a really good solo deal.

        At least you got your noise problem sorted out easily, which is heartening.
        Hi Yogini

        That was the second time we had an issue with the cabin on Fred Olsen (the other occasion was years ago) and in both instances the issue was resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. They have impressed us the way they resolve issues like this.
        Cruising my way through life!

        Sue

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by History Addict, Alfreton View Post
          I've just returned from 11 nights on Boudicca circling Britain, something I've wanted to do for some time. Fred's ships are perfect for this as they can get into smaller ports of call. I've written a review which also includes some information on ports of call. I won't copy the whole review into a thread as it is quite lengthy but there is a link below if anyone is interested. Ports of call were as follows :

          Falmouth
          Milford Haven
          Liverpool
          Kirkwall
          Invergordon
          Rosyth (for Edinburgh)
          Port of Tyne (for Newcastle)

          www.CRUISE.co.uk | Floral Bri... by History addict, Alfreton
          I enjoyed reading your review Sue, especially as Boudicca is our favourite ship.
          We are off on a Scottish Isles/Faroes cruise on Sunday courtesy of C & M's Azores. We will be calling at Kirkwall for the second time so will take your advice and just wander round the this time, having done an excursion the last time we were there.

          We can't wait to board Boudicca again in August when we will be doing an Arctic cruise on her.

          See you soon.
          Jill

          Comment


            #6
            Good on Fred for solving your problem Sue. Sounds like a very enjoyable trip and an interesting review..Carol

            Comment


              #7
              Have yet to do a Fred and based on your review, at the right price I would be happy to give 'em a go.

              I would want there to be a significant period of a no show of Noro before taking the plunge though..............Wilba
              Wilba

              Comment


                #8
                Glad you had a good time, despite the best efforts of the weather.

                I'm hoping to do an around Britain in August, and have been keeping my eye on the Royal (Princess) it's the only cruise they haven't as yet, reduced!!......................................... ................................................Ca rol

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                  Glad you had a good time, despite the best efforts of the weather.

                  I'm hoping to do an around Britain in August, and have been keeping my eye on the Royal (Princess) it's the only cruise they haven't as yet, reduced!!......................................... ................................................Ca rol
                  Carol, whatever the itinerary, it's a wonderful cruise. It counts as a comfort cruise [along with the Fjords] for us.

                  Many years ago, we wouldn't have dreamt of considering a cruise around 'our isles'. It's cold, dreary. uninteresting...how wrong could we be. OK, the first two points may have a slight bearing if you're unlucky [take layers] but uninteresting?
                  No. Fascinating.
                  No way would we have ever got to Kirkwall for example and we've visited a few times now.

                  Obviously [] we cruise with Cunard, as you know. but Fred sounds a good choice as does Princess. Hope you get there.

                  See you both soon by the way.

                  xx

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                    Carol, whatever the itinerary, it's a wonderful cruise. It counts as a comfort cruise [along with the Fjords] for us.

                    Many years ago, we wouldn't have dreamt of considering a cruise around 'our isles'. It's cold, dreary. uninteresting...how wrong could we be. OK, the first two points may have a slight bearing if you're unlucky [take layers] but uninteresting?
                    No. Fascinating.
                    No way would we have ever got to Kirkwall for example and we've visited a few times now.

                    Obviously [] we cruise with Cunard, as you know. but Fred sounds a good choice as does Princess. Hope you get there.

                    See you both soon by the way.

                    xx
                    My mum wants to come, but she and her OH have so many commitments, its narrowed down to one cruise. Very frustrating!!
                    See you soon.............................................. ..............................................Caro l x

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                      My mum wants to come, but she and her OH have so many commitments, its narrowed down to one cruise. Very frustrating!!
                      See you soon.............................................. ..............................................Caro l x
                      Which date in Aug? they did reduce them just not as much as the May ones.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        a good read

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Enjoyed reading your review. It's something we might consider when we eventually cruise without the children!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                            Which date in Aug? they did reduce them just not as much as the May ones.
                            13th Aug. Your right it was reduced, but the May one went down to £699, I was optimistically hoping for that type of price!
                            .................................................. .................................................. .....Carol

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by History Addict, Alfreton View Post
                              I've just returned from 11 nights on Boudicca circling Britain, something I've wanted to do for some time. Fred's ships are perfect for this as they can get into smaller ports of call. I've written a review which also includes some information on ports of call. I won't copy the whole review into a thread as it is quite lengthy but there is a link below if anyone is interested. Ports of call were as follows :

                              Falmouth
                              Milford Haven
                              Liverpool
                              Kirkwall
                              Invergordon
                              Rosyth (for Edinburgh)
                              Port of Tyne (for Newcastle)

                              www.CRUISE.co.uk | Floral Bri... by History addict, Alfreton
                              Nice review informative and not to long.

                              I have been look at the Round the UK cruise ,Nearly booked the Princess one that JC posted pictures of.

                              You made it seem like a must do ,but in the warmer weather...Taffy
                              ​Taffy

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X