• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotterdam on the QM2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotterdam on the QM2

Hi

I will be sailing into Rotterdam next week instead of Amsterdam. I was going to either take a train or do a ''on your own'' ship tour. But am now thinking Rotterdam may offer something ?

Has anyone docked there or know what the town offers ?

We are also on the QM2 next week and will have a look around Rotterdam as we have been to Amsterdam many times. It looks an interesting place unless anyone knows different!

Welcome to Rotterdam | Rotterdam Tourism & Convention Board

Comment

Rotterdam is not really a 'big tourist' city like Amsterdam although there are a few Museums etc. Personally I like the SS Rotterdam Musuem/ship best.

See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Thanks Sailor Sam and Malcolm for the suggestions.

After reading the link I have decided it doesn't have the same appeal as Amsterdam and I was hoping for canal tours etc. I think I will just catch a train into Amsterdam and enjoy all that has to offer.

Look forward to meeting you SS

Comment

I have been to Rotterdam/Amsterdam many times and both are lovely cities, the splash ride in Rotterdam is good as you get to see the port and the land sights.
          You could also take a train/bus to The Hague which is well worth a visit.

Comment

Thanks Sailor Sam and Malcolm for the suggestions.

Personally I like the SS Rotterdam Musuem/ship best.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X