• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 nights in Lisbon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 nights in Lisbon

Until this pre-cruise stay our experiences of Libon have been fleeting one day visits, although we did have a 2 night break along the river at Caiscais.

So we decided to have an extended city stay before our mini-cruise to Genoa.

Lisbon airport is close to the centre and it was only a short subway ride to the hotel.

We booked 4 nights in a superior room at the Lisboa Jupiter hotel full board. This is a lovely 4 star hotel with easy access to the city transport system. The food was buffet style, and whilst not as extensive as on a cruise ship, was always hot and freshly prepared. The room was huge and beautifully prepared.

https://www.jupiterlisboahotel.com/en/

We pre-booked a couple of 72 hour Lisbon Cards and collected them at the airport. You date and time first usage and then they remain active for 72 hours. They offer free use of all city and regional transport, free access to many attractions and discounts on many more.

Without giving a blow by blow account the highlights included a train trip across the April 25 Bridge, a day trip to Sintra (included in the Lisbon Card), several rides on the historic trams and a visit to the Expo 98 site adjacent to the Oriente railway station. The expo site is now a large leisure park with a large retail mall.

The 4 days were full of different activities and showed that we have been barely scratching the surface on our previous visits.

For those who haven't yet cruised into Lisbon the new terminal at Santa Apalonia, it is ideally placed for access to the centre and the public transport system means independent travellers can easily do without any excursions. Even a day trip to Sintra can be easily achieved (40 mins each way)

https://www.timetravelturtle.com/sin...sbon-portugal/

OOI We took a taxi from the hotel to the cruise terminal for 10 euro.

Thanks TT. Very interesting. You're correct of course that a days visit doesn't tell the whole story.
    Coming from the West of Scotland, Glasgow was my City and I couldn't really get on with Edinburgh. That all changed when I booked a weeks stay in the capital for my wife's birthday some years ago. It was transformational compared to our usual day-trips from Glasgow.

Cheers, Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X