• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCL Misery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCL Misery

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ant-liner.html

I'd be pretty miffed if I'd been aboard too. 25% off a future cruise is a joke.

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ant-liner.html

I'd be pretty miffed if I'd been aboard too. 25% off a future cruise is a joke.
    Good old Dailyfail !

Ports missed because of weather in that region of the world in October ?? - astonishing!

Check cc - hardly a squeak.

Annie

Comment

I am surprised the big cruise ships could get into Southampton these last few days with the high winds we have been getting in the south west.

Mother Nature rules OK.

Comment

I had been looking at that cruise, starting prices were a lot lower than the £1800pp(around £1k) in the artical but it had sold well so no deals.

Le Havre was an attempted replacement for Ijmeiden(not Amsterdam)

It would have been a decent trip if they had got to the ports.

Comment

Typical DM reporting.

Endured three days at sea, food going stale, sewage system failing..they had better avoid a transatlantic then.

I appreciate it is disappointing when you miss ports but sometimes it is unavoidable and safety comes first...Carol

Comment

I see they were complaining about going to Glasgow instead of the scheduled stop in Iceland, albeit Glasgow couldn’t accommodate them as they had a flotilla of cruise liners in port on that particular day 🙄 The video in which the guy is repeatedly badgering the officer repeatedly uttering the words “why are you picking on me” should have been thrown off the ship. There’s a correct way to voice your concerns / complain and that isn’t it.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Good old Dailyfail !

Ports missed because of weather in that region of the world in October ?? - astonishing!

Check cc - hardly a squeak.

Annie
              Daily Fail has already amassed over 2000 comments. CC obviously has a restricted audience. Lead story in the DM despite someone from the UK landing £170 million in the Euro millions last night. I’m glad someone won it as it was costing me a small fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Daily Fail has already amassed over 2000 comments. CC obviously has a restricted audience. Lead story in the DM despite someone from the UK landing £170 million in the Euro millions last night. I’m glad someone won it as it was costing me a small fortune.
                Alas it was not me

I am surprised the DM did not lead with 'Kraut' tweet - oh they have recently changed editors.

Annie

Comment

You sail in Sept/Oct you risk the weather. A change, or indeed several changes in itinerary does not put the company in breach of contract. The safety of ship and passengers comes first. While this is disappointing the only refund NCL need to make is port fees. However, there is no excuse for poor communication with passengers.

regarding the plumbing and the food, I have no idea what was going on there. Is there photographic evidence of blocked toilets? Surely food is kept in optimum conditions and shouldn't be stale. Bread is baked several times a day. Seems there may have been other, behind the scenes problems.

25% should have been a cash in hand refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                    You sail in Sept/Oct you risk the weather. A change, or indeed several changes in itinerary does not put the company in breach of contract. The safety of ship and passengers comes first. While this is disappointing the only refund NCL need to make is port fees. However, there is no excuse for poor communication with passengers.

regarding the plumbing and the food, I have no idea what was going on there. Is there photographic evidence of blocked toilets? Surely food is kept in optimum conditions and shouldn't be stale. Bread is baked several times a day. Seems there may have been other, behind the scenes problems.

25% should have been a cash in hand refund.
                    Always difficult to calculate best option for compensation when it is outside the cruise line's control. I would be inclined to consider a dual offer - a future cruise discount of 15 to 25% and an OBC of about $50 per port missed.

OBC is always appreciated but is relatively low cost with a captive audience looking for things to do and spending in the shops. Alternatively how about a pre-loaded cash card similar to those offered by BT to new customers. These are Visa or Mastercard so can be used onboard or on land.

As for blocked public toilets, surely you have an en-suite cabin you can use.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                      Is there photographic evidence of blocked toilets?
                      Toilets are blocked by people aren't they, not missed ports

Comment

I am certainly not an NCL cheerleader since the one cruise we took wth them was enough for me. However, I have never had stale food on any cruise ship, even one with eight straight sea days. As for blocked toilets, that is not an uncommon occurrence on ships and can usually be traced to someone flushing something inappropriate. Neither of these have any relation to missed ports and would seem to be 'piling on the agony' by disgruntled passengers and the Daily Mail. The only complaint I can support is lack of communication.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X