• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cadiz - Anyone visited this port lately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cadiz - Anyone visited this port lately

    One of the ports on our next cruise in Cadiz. I know I have been there before (I think!) If its the port that I am recalling, its easy to walk into the main shopping area from the ships berth. I have a vague distant memory as a kid that there was what I thought in my small head at the time to be a very futuristic toy shop with two levels that were reached by a winding curved slope instead of a staircase with orange carpet!

    So my point being anyone been lately can you refresh my memory as to what its like / what to see and do?

    #2
    Actually I think it might be Vigo that I am remembering ! But still like to know more about Cadiz please

    Comment


      #3
      I would go to Seville, its a fabulous city to visit

      John

      Comment


        #4
        Seville is one of the options I could see on the tours guide, but wondered if Cadiz was worth a look around

        Comment


          #5
          We hang out in the old town good walk about then hit the market for some food, often end up at Freiduria Marisquería Las Flores 1.
          check out Rick storms weekend in Cadiz.

          Lucky on iPlayer for 2 more days
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b083w5nl

          Comment


            #6
            Not going to risk an edit phone likes to change words

            Comment


              #7
              It was a long time ago, and I hope that I am remembering correctly, but I'm sure I was on one of the shortest HoHo bus routes ever!
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

              2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

              2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                We hang out in the old town good walk about then hit the market for some food, often end up at Freiduria Marisquería Las Flores 1.
                check out Rick storms weekend in Cadiz.

                Lucky on iPlayer for 2 more days
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b083w5nl
                Rick storms? Doncha just love predictive text? 🤣🤣🤣. I must admit that I try and have a read of what I want to post as that has happened to me on more than one occasion.

                Take care. Helen

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

                  Rick storms? Doncha just love predictive text? 🤣🤣🤣. I must admit that I try and have a read of what I want to post as that has happened to me on more than one occasion.

                  Take care. Helen
                  My mistake was going looking for the link and forgot when I got back.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    We've been to Cadiz many times with Cunard.

                    The terminal is very close to the city centre. There's lots of little streets and shops to peruse. The main square is dominated by an amazing cathedral surrounded by bars and restaurants.

                    Not far away is the City Hall, in another square. A very beautiful building.

                    All very walkable.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
                      We've been to Cadiz many times with Cunard.

                      The terminal is very close to the city centre. There's lots of little streets and shops to peruse. The main square is dominated by an amazing cathedral surrounded by bars and restaurants.

                      Not far away is the City Hall, in another square. A very beautiful building.

                      All very walkable.
                      I could not have put it better. We too have visited many times with Cunard and are due to do so again this year.

                      On the first visit we did the Seville tour. The journey was fairly long and the town busy. We preferred the visit another time to Jerez. Every other time we have explored Cadiz centre. Plenty to see, good cafes, shops - nice shoe shops - and walks along the beach fronts.

                      On our next visit we are toying with the idea of getting the local ferry across the bay to El Puerto de Santa Maria, a crossing and town that comes recommended.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

                        Rick storms? Doncha just love predictive text? 🤣🤣🤣. I must admit that I try and have a read of what I want to post as that has happened to me on more than one occasion.

                        Take care. Helen
                        Google translate can be just as amusing, Helen. On booking an doctor's appointment online, the page now automatically translates to English.
                        As you probably know, the Spanish have two surnames, and the system even translates those in some instances. One of those surnames of
                        my family doctor is 'Peinado', so his name comes up as ********** Hairstyle **********, and now I can't stop calling him that in my head. (He is
                        very attractive, with black curly hair!).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                          I would go to Seville, its a fabulous city to visit

                          John
                          Dependent upon month??

                          Is Cadiz not the port with different coloured walking routes - not that I followed any of them - I just go for a wander but very walkable port.

                          Annie

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                            Dependent upon month??

                            Is Cadiz not the port with different coloured walking routes - not that I followed any of them - I just go for a wander but very walkable port.

                            Annie
                            Hi Annie
                            I wouldn’t go anywhere near Seville in summer…May or October it’s lovely.

                            Cadiz is the Cathedral,backstreet bars and the Fish market,,,love it….don’t forget the beach just cut through down the side of the Cathedral it’s there.
                            Cadiz port also has one of the cheapest Duty Free shops in the Med…£20 for 1ltr of Jameson’s last November.

                            JC
                            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                              Dependent upon month??

                              Is Cadiz not the port with different coloured walking routes - not that I followed any of them - I just go for a wander but very walkable port.

                              Annie
                              I was thinking it had the different walking routes, and lots of cats on the rocks by the sand? I think this was Cadiz anyway

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X