• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbados Submarine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbados Submarine

Has anyone been on this? if so any info appreciated.

Cheers

Denny

Yes! We went on the Atlantis submarine in Barbados in 2010. I thought that I might get the screaming habdabs of claustrophobia but it was so interesting and enthralling that I didn't even think about it. The cabin is quite roomy, all things considered.

We were seated back to back in 2 rows down the centre of the cabin, looking out of the side windows. Next to these are charts to identify the fish/sea life. We dived down to over 100ft to view a wreck and saw lots of fish. Good fun!

Comment

We went on this too it was lovely seeing all the sea life going by, especially the turtles. And I don't like small spaces but soon forgot where we were, would recommend it. Fun trying to spot things in our photos afterwards!

Comment

Thanks will give it a go, missed it last year as not enough time, but we arrive February 21st staying overnight then sail next evening. Look forward to it now.

Comment

Hi Denny,
          We did it a few years ago.
          Only watchout is the transfer from boat to sub.
          Atlantis is air-conditioned and operates at sea-level air pressure - so your ears don't "pop"
          Another great Barbados experience is Harrison's Caves (if you haven't been there already) P&O were not offering this as an excursion, but it's easy to do DIY - most of the trip through the caves is by electic train, and the 'mites & 'tites are fantastic!
          Have a great time.
          Regards,
          Brian.

Comment

OH did this while I did the excursion to the Atlantic coast on our first visit here. He did enjoy it but I think that my tour was the better option and, having visited again in October last year, I am still of the opinion that there is much more to see than fish.

Comment

Yes indeed I did this many years ago when visiting Aruba which apparently is the worlds most popular scuba diving destination. It was great and well worth the little extra you pay for the excursion. Glad I did as it was very windy on shore that day.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics - they're self explanatory. Must be exciting and fun.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X