• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenerife and Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenerife and Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

Last edited by Neil Down, Southampton; 3rd July 2010, 08:11 PM.

No one yet

This is worth noting that out of 51 views no one has any experience of these two DIY excursions.

Neil

Comment

Been to Tenerife loads of time and never been to La Laguna,

Comment

Sorry Niel can't help we're thinking fo cruising the canaries in Sept any ideas on the best lines?

Comment

Sorry Neil, have visited both but not done either of those activities

Happy cruising, hope you get some answers soon

http://www.isango.com/spain-tours/gr...as-palmas_6188
          Last edited by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke; 3rd July 2010, 10:14 PM. Reason: added link
          Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Done both countries but not those areas.
            EDNA

Comment

Take your pick

Originally posted by Dartcruiser, dartcruiser View Post
              Sorry Niel can't help we're thinking fo cruising the canaries in Sept any ideas on the best lines?
              I'm not going to be much help as which cruise line you chose is a matter of personal preference, most of them going to the Canaries offer very similar itineraries so it how you like your cruise ships that really counts. ....Regards, Neil

Comment

Neil,

The noddy train leaves the square next to the Las Vagas Caladonia Hotel, this is a free ride up to La Luna (Parrot Park) This is a fantastic zoo come attraction to visit and it is getting better each year. The 'Tropical' Gardens is also close by and worth a half day visit.

The zoo, and thats for want of a better word, is a good full day, 6-8 hours and a must see is the awesome penguin house. Food is pentiful inside the park, but their are restuarants just acrooss the road full full menus, with re-entry with a hand stamp.

The train does not stop anywhere else on the way there or back.
                Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Comment

Metropolitano de Tenerife - Home
                  Worth it just for the ride and the views. The trams run around every 5mins.
                  Brian

Comment

Hi Neil, We are going to the canaries in october and are trying to find out the same info as you. So let us know if you have any joy. Squiddy

Comment

You're first

Originally posted by squiddy, Lincoln View Post
                      Hi Neil, We are going to the canaries in october and are trying to find out the same info as you. So let us know if you have any joy. Squiddy
                      Unfortunately you are going first so I will rely on your post and experiences.

Thank you to all of you for the information, I'm very grateful. ....Neil

Comment

Just posted this elsewhere, hope it's useful

Tenerife: We spent an hour at Santa Cruz, then had lunch. My wife wasn't feeling well so I got the tram to La Laguna, fabulous. There are huts in the town that are little tourist offices, they will tell you where to get the tram (destination is called San Christobal and the tram terminates there). Vending machine for the tickets at the tram stop, must be stamped for both outward & return journey

Comment

That's great

Originally posted by Pumpwater, Shotley Bridge View Post
                          Just posted this elsewhere, hope it's useful

Tenerife: We spent an hour at Santa Cruz, then had lunch. My wife wasn't feeling well so I got the tram to La Laguna, fabulous. There are huts in the town that are little tourist offices, they will tell you where to get the tram (destination is called San Christobal and the tram terminates there). Vending machine for the tickets at the tram stop, must be stamped for both outward & return journey
                          Muy bien gracias, Pumpwater, useful information. ......Neil

Comment

I will be here in November (Balmoral) and this is really useful. Thanks

Comment

We just had our best times in the Gran Canaria Hotels last year. We love it really but we can't spend the time for this the next years
                              Last edited by vaspa, framlingham; 16th November 2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X