• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loro parque Tenerife Can anyone help ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loro parque Tenerife Can anyone help ?

Hi going to tenerife and would like to go to this park, can anyone advise how much it costs to get there and what is the best way to travel from the port. Thanks

Originally posted by iloveholidays, falkirk View Post
    Hi going to tenerife and would like to go to this park, can anyone advise how much it costs to get there and what is the best way to travel from the port. Thanks
    There will be a cheaper way to do it apart from the ships tour.We did the ship one. So did our daughter. But however you get there, It's well worth it. Have a lovely time.
    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Almost everywhere in Tenerife does trips to the Park, also public transport and taxi are very reasonable. Not sure where you dock in Tenerife but from Puetro de la Cruz you can pick up free train from outside of Hotel Las Vagas, right on sea front next to H10 hotel Tenerife Playa both can be seen for quite a long way. or even a taxi for 5 Euros EW.

Last time we visit park it was 12 Euros to get in, but with the Euros falling like it has would expect that to at least double by now. Still worth the money for a full days visit.

Most cruise lines also include this as a tour.
      Cruising is like;

Being in The Garden of Eating

Comment

we also went with the ships tour, included was the entrance fee, did the journey by coach then spent the day doing our own thing. there are also lots of local taxis at the port who will take you to the loro park, but agree a price before hand if you do this.
        i believe you could also go by bus to the park. if you are comfortable with this, the bus station is not very far from the port.
        what ever way you get there you will throughly enjoy your day it's a great place.
        a small tip is to go straight to the whale and dolphin show as soon as you arrive, as it gets very busy later on.
        :D regards maddy:D

Comment

I know this was 2010 but we are planning on hiring a car and DIY - anyone done this?
          P&O Oceana - Canary Islands - 2 wks 02/03/13
          P&O Ventura - Mediterranean cruise - 2 wks 29/04/11
          Ocean Village - Tapas and Tavernas - October 2007 - 1wk
          Ocean Village - Caribbean - April 2006 - 2wks
          Island Escape - Med - October 2004 - 1wk

Comment

Originally posted by Em Robinson, Chester View Post
            I know this was 2010 but we are planning on hiring a car and DIY - anyone done this?
            I've been to Loro Parque twice in recent years. Both times, after research, we have taken the ships tour. Last October Loro Parque's entrance fee was €33 Adult and €22 for children 6-11. From memory I think RCI's price was $40 Adult and $35 child. It takes about 40minutes by coach to get to the park. The down side is you only get about 4 hours there. It makes it a bit rushed to see all the shows and get round the park itself. We managed fine, also managed a quick bit to eat. On our cruise 10 coaches from the ship went to Loro Parque.

hope this helps.

Vinny
            sigpic

Comment

We have been to Loro Parque several times, and love it. The difference is when we go to Tenerife we stay in Puerto de la Cruz in the northern part of the island, and Loro Parque is in easy walking distance, or there is a little train which runs from Puerto to the Parque, and is free. So we have been able to make a real day of it. This was when we used to take land based holidays, not a cruise.

Comment

went there a couple of years ago on opposite side of isle to where ship docked [balmoral] so used the ship excursion. was not an expensive one included enterance and a guide.

was an excellent day out, the live shows are not to be missed, our guide led us round in a set order so not to miss any live shows, afterwards free to wander. [not recommended for wheelchair users, wife had injured herself the day before and was wheelchair bound in the ships wheelchair many steep hills to push her up and down.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                  I've been to Loro Parque twice in recent years. Both times, after research, we have taken the ships tour. Last October Loro Parque's entrance fee was €33 Adult and €22 for children 6-11. From memory I think RCI's price was $40 Adult and $35 child. It takes about 40minutes by coach to get to the park. The down side is you only get about 4 hours there. It makes it a bit rushed to see all the shows and get round the park itself. We managed fine, also managed a quick bit to eat. On our cruise 10 coaches from the ship went to Loro Parque.

hope this helps.

Vinny
                  It is 33 euros per adult, both children are under 6 so will be free. To go on ships excursion it will be £45 per adult so £90 then £23 per child so a grand total of £136, and my mum is with us so add another adult to that so will be £181 for us to go with ship

DIY will be 33 euros for 3 adults so about £25 each, then £30 car hire for the day - this is why I can't make my mind up, £75 is a big difference, I have driven in Spain so quite happy to hire a car

Comment

It is 33 euros per adult, both children are under 6 so will be free. To go on ships excursion it will be £45 per adult so £90 then £23 per child so a grand total of £136, and my mum is with us so add another adult to that so will be £181 for us to go with ship

DIY will be 33 euros for 3 adults so about £25 each, then £30 car hire for the day - this is why I can't make my mind up, £75 is a big difference, I have driven in Spain so quite happy to hire a car
                    Em,

I never realised that car hire would be so cheap. I just assumed that most Agents would want a minimum rental period of perhaps 3 days. However, if you can arrange hire for as little as £33 I wold go for the self drive option. This would allow you to get of the ship as early as possible and be at the Parque when it opens, giving you the maximum amount of time to enjoy if full facilities.

I'd be interested to see how this works out for you. Keep us posted.

Vinny
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyTurner, Dukinfield View Post
                      Em,

I never realised that car hire would be so cheap. I just assumed that most Agents would want a minimum rental period of perhaps 3 days. However, if you can arrange hire for as little as £33 I wold go for the self drive option. This would allow you to get of the ship as early as possible and be at the Parque when it opens, giving you the maximum amount of time to enjoy if full facilities.

I'd be interested to see how this works out for you. Keep us posted.

Vinny
                      I never knew until I found it on another forum and like you thought they may ask for so many days rental, but maybe with so many cruise ships coming in that is why they do it? Good thing is the hire of car seats are free too.

I am still indecisive - few things going round my head - what happens if we get lost/don't get back to the ship on time/break down etc. However I can use google maps to get a good indication of time to the park and directions although I believe it is well sign posted?

Will let you know on our decision and how it went

Comment

I never knew until I found it on another forum and like you thought they may ask for so many days rental, but maybe with so many cruise ships coming in that is why they do it? Good thing is the hire of car seats are free too.

I am still indecisive - few things going round my head - what happens if we get lost/don't get back to the ship on time/break down etc. However I can use google maps to get a good indication of time to the park and directions although I believe it is well sign posted?

Will let you know on our decision and how it went
                        Em,

Can you pm me the car hire company you have found.

You can book Loro Parque tickets on line in advance of your arrival.

Take a sat nav with you that works in the Canaries.

I'm sure you will have a great day out which ever way to choose to do it. Its a fab park.

Vinny
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iloveholidays, falkirk View Post
                          we took the ships tour which cost $45pp approx and worth every penny. we had a wonderful day.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

some photos of Loro parque.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X